Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
 
2005 22' International CCD
Columbus , Ohio
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 15
Angry 2005 CCD 22' With Floor Issues

Hello, I just purchased the above trailer, and (while i knew there was some rot by the entry door, i discovered upon delivery that the floor has water damage the whole curb side from the door down to the desk. I think i the other side of the trailer is fine. Anyone have any idea A. Where in portland or, i might be able to have the floor repaired (lets say half of it) and B. how much that might run?

Thanks in advance
__________________

__________________
tbicio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member
 
2005 22' International CCD
Corvallis , Oregon
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 7
George Sutton in Eugene is I believe the second largest Airstream dealer in the country and they have been around for a while. You might try them.
__________________

__________________
Cold Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
SteveH's Avatar
 
2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,311
Aren't those 22's the ones with the frame problems that causes the floors to buckle along the outside?

Yes, those are the ones with the problems. Here's a long thread on it: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/...ure-48105.html
__________________
Regards,
Steve
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
Pahaska's Avatar
 
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,819
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Aren't those 22's the ones with the frame problems that causes the floors to buckle along the outside?

Yes, those are the ones with the problems. Here's a long thread on it: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/...ure-48105.html
The similar International 22 was the one with the most severe frame problems because the heavy galley was located at the very rear where the CCD has a light-weight desk. I had the misfortune of owning a 2003 International 22. Mine, fortunately, received the reinforcement fix before I had any problems with the frame.
__________________
John W. Irwin
2014.5 Touring Coach, "Sabre-Dog IV"
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member
 
CentralAir's Avatar
 
2003 22' International
Park Ridge , Illinois
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
The similar International 22 was the one with the most severe frame problems because the heavy galley was located at the very rear where the CCD has a light-weight desk. I had the misfortune of owning a 2003 International 22. Mine, fortunately, received the reinforcement fix before I had any problems with the frame.
John
I just purchased a International 22 AS and planning my to bring it from Tucson to Chicago. I'm wondering if the known frame failures develop after so many road miles on the road or if it has happened inconsistently and after a few years of use. Any thoughts and experience would be greatly appreciated.
Rick Wendorf
condisco@aol.com
847-292-3200 office
847-980-7033 mobile
__________________
CentralAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
Rivet Master
 
Pahaska's Avatar
 
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,819
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralAir View Post
John
I'm wondering if the known frame failures develop after so many road miles on the road or if it has happened inconsistently and after a few years of use. Any thoughts and experience would be greatly appreciated.
Rick Wendorf
condisco@aol.com
847-292-3200 office
847-980-7033 mobile
I think the failures happened fairly early in life, All of the trailers should have the recall by now. I watched the tech weld mine in place. He used jacks to insure that the frame rails were straight, then welded gussets behind the rear wheels.
__________________

__________________
John W. Irwin
2014.5 Touring Coach, "Sabre-Dog IV"
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2005 Airstream International CCD 25' eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 07-25-2011 07:00 AM
2005 Airstream International CCD 25' eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 07-16-2011 11:50 PM
2005 Airstream International CCD 25' eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 07-09-2011 08:00 PM
Trailer Hitch for 2005 25' Safari basecamp1 Hitches, Couplers & Balls 7 03-28-2011 08:40 PM
NEW 2005 Bunkhouse!!!! TavnAsh Member Introductions 25 03-27-2011 08:59 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.