Old 12-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #1
Nashville , Tennessee
Question 1988 Excella 32' - Should I purchase

New to the forum, considering making an offer on an Airstream this week. My fiance and I are hitting the roads after we get married in a few months. The last thing we can worry about is unexpected major repairs (minor/routine repairs we're prepared for).

My biggest question is ---

1) What is the best way for me to check/confirm the floor is not rotting?
2) And, if everything passes, is $15,000 a good/bad asking price?

Thank you for your thoughts!!!

Here are the facts:

-1988 Excella 32' is for sale by private owner (inherited from uncle who passed away)
-Everything (everything!) is original except the floor --- carpet replaced with laminate due to carpet smell (not sure if other issues)
-Everything (everything) works! (minus taking for a test drive) ---all electronics, a/c, heat, plumbing, lights, oven, stove, fridge, freezer ---even the doorbell!!
-Comes with original manual!
-Has not been covered (for at least 2 years, unsure on prior)
-My father (has owned 3 Winnebagos ...for his business) did a site inspection, opened all cabinets, exterior doors, felt for soft spots in floor, ceiling leaks, water damage in cabinets, underbody, under beds/storage, basically everything except peeling the floor up. He's gives it a solid 'A'.

All seems really it possible a 28 year old unit could be this good?

My one/only/final concern before offering is being 100% confident in this floor.

Thank you so much for your feedback and advice!!! Can't wait to be part of the Airstream community!!!
brittain is offline   Reply With Quote