Old 06-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 26
1966 30' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Southern , Wisconsin
Oh...ok, difficult to tell from the one through shot of the bathroom. I understand now. Furnace under the sink instead? Odd...

The stove looks similar...ours is harvest gold though.

Check out some of my pics here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f227...avy-76185.html

I am in the midst of a remodel myself...

Old 06-08-2011, 12:36 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Day 4
Lots of stripping today. I spent my evening removing all of the window hardware and stripping the window frames , door and screen frames back to aluminum. I'm beginning to develop the style I'm after. I picked up some material from Home Depot last night that I will use to construct the new wall panels. I tested various finishes to achieve the tone I'm seeking. I'm thinking of adding a strip of suede wallpaper to the center roof panels, flanked by bare aluminum thru the ceiling radius and down the walls terminating with Hawaiian Koa laminate floors. I'll be stripping the vent screen frames back to aluminum which should tie it all together. Bedding/gaucho material I'm thinking a dark microsuede material. I' tacking the waste tanks and subfloor replacement tomorrow. I can't wait till the flooring is in, I think it will move quickly ( at least in my mind) at that point. My vision for the exterior likely wont occur till next year... Charcoal imron with a wide polished stripe running around the TT. I'm toying with the idea of ghosting Airstream into the paint on the endcaps. Oh well, back to today's reality...some good sleep tonite, a full day of work tomorrow and an evening filled with a filthy black water tank removal. Hahaha

Old 06-08-2011, 08:28 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Day 5:
I spent roughly 5 hours stripping more today. I took a test panel to the left of the door and polished it. It looks phenominal!!!
I'm very excited about that for sure. Also, picked up the PEX and gatorbites today from the big box HI store. I also scored a gift of a 1986 class c motor home parts donor for my replacement fridge and furnace. They are an RV storage lot and that one was on it's way to the recycler...I hope they are in working order. I'm swinging by there on Saturday to test them out before the RV goes to the junk pile. I am super stoked by this oppty. Because my original budget did not include money for system replacement, only repairs and apparently, parts arent available for my heater, and I just don't plain trust the fridge. I've got 5 children and there isnt one of them I'd let sleep in the TT with the problems the old fridge was suffering from. Fire trap for sure.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Day 6: more stripping and more stripping. I also removed all of the old copper line and front tank in preparation for the PEX. I removed the front interior panels and cut the c channel bolts in prep for the front subfloor. Found a drivers license under the water tank too. Hahaha have decided to replace the three damaged exterior panels with new next week.

In case anyone doubts what "curbside" is I found it written on the curbside wall stud by the factory. Too funny! I took a picture, and will upload when I get to my desktop computer.

More tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Proof! LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3844698790.png
Views:	110
Size:	880.6 KB
ID:	132132  
Old 06-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Some progress photos
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-629135878.png
Views:	101
Size:	596.4 KB
ID:	132133   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2153727989.png
Views:	128
Size:	768.8 KB
ID:	132134  

Old 06-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 26
1966 30' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Southern , Wisconsin
Too funny! We found a "vintage" '70s flyer for Daytona Beach, FL and a campground receipt from Sterling, CO in ours when I removed the front couch... It was neat to find these things to show us a bit of perspective on the history of "Jenny". If only these walls could talk...wait, yours sent you a written message instead haha. How's the work coming?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmhays
Too funny! We found a "vintage" '70s flyer for Daytona Beach, FL and a campground receipt from Sterling, CO in ours when I removed the front couch... It was neat to find these things to show us a bit of perspective on the history of "Jenny". If only these walls could talk...wait, yours sent you a written message instead haha. How's the work coming?
The stripping is killing me. It's a thankless job and that vinyl stuff is not letting go like it should. I have spent more on stripper than on my PEX and Sharkbites! I think I would have been money ahead by just buying new aluminum interior panels. LOL
Old 06-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
More and more stripping. Got the front subfloor out. I am currently removing the streetside walls and the insulation ( not planned). The odor in the trailer was coming from a streetside stowaway...a mouse. I'm sure that the trailer weighs a couple hundred pounds less now that I shopvac'ed his stash of nuts. I'm busy polishing the interior walls and stripping paint from all of the trim pieces. Citristrip followed up with a pressure washer makes short work of that dirty job for sure!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2583872743.png
Views:	128
Size:	782.4 KB
ID:	132855   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2775253471.png
Views:	151
Size:	749.2 KB
ID:	132856  

Name:	image-1624626808.png
Views:	141
Size:	820.6 KB
ID:	132857  
Old 06-24-2011, 01:31 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Day 15
Been super busy with little time to post. I'm wearing my wasaga hat this week...I'm polishing the interior walls like a madman! I replaced the fridge with a newer Norcold 3 way with the electronic eyebrow controls. Plugged her in and everything checked out aok! The bonus? I found that fridge on CL for $100 bucks, and by the time I got around to acting on it the ad was gone. I assumed someone bought it after the 10 days it was on there. Nope! The ad reappeared only this time it read: first caller gets it for FREE! I called, was #1, and went to pick it up. SCORE! I'm heading to SoCal tomorrow to pick up some twin beds and bits that I need so no polishing tomorrow. I painted the interior roof panels with Kilz coat number two yesterday. After the final polish and Kilz completion, I'm moving on to removing the rear subfloor and installing the new material front and rear.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #25
Tool Hoarder

Currently Looking...
West , California
Wow thats a lot of work! I am glad I have that all behind me. I am going to reinstall the sub floor, C channel, and floor insulation when I get back from vacation. Not sure if I am going to strip the interior walls or replace them with new metal.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by marzboy
Wow thats a lot of work! I am glad I have that all behind me. I am going to reinstall the sub floor, C channel, and floor insulation when I get back from vacation. Not sure if I am going to strip the interior walls or replace them with new metal.
Buy the new metal and pay for it with overtime, It'll be less work! Hahahaha
Old 06-27-2011, 01:00 AM   #27
Tool Hoarder

Currently Looking...
West , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrunes View Post
Buy the new metal and pay for it with overtime, It'll be less work! Hahahaha
Yep thats what I figured. Probablly going with 3003 H14 .032 for the interior. Oh well just a little more work and a little more $$.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Removed the water heater valve today. Some more polishing too. Picked up some Argosy parts this weekend, to convert mine to center twins. I arrived at the mountain retreat of the seller and guess what? He was a celebrity! One of my favs too. Anyhoo, after spending nearly two hours working side by side dismantling the parts with the celeb...we headed out to Sedona and the Grand Canyon. Much fun, but Im back to the resto today.