Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
P&K
2 Rivet Member

1970 29' Ambassador
Austin , Texas
1970 Shell Off Questions

After about a year of reading forums and looking at the service manual I have finally started restoring/renovating my 1970 Ambassador 29'. I have noticed a couple things that I need advice on.

I took off the corner sections of the banana wrap with no problems. The long side sections of banana wrap seem to share rivets with the shell. I am assuming I must detach the shell from the C-channel on these long straight parts (leave c-channel attached to floor), and leave the C-channel attached to the shell on the curved sections. Right?
P&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Greenwood , South Carolina
Correct. The curved pieces of channel stay with the body, the straight pieces stay with the floor. There are however bolts going through the curved channels and floor, that have to be removed. These are just like the bolts that go through the outriggers. There are also screws through the curved channels into the floor to remove. Hope that was a little help.
musicmaster is offline   Reply With Quote