Old 10-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #1
1966 24' Tradewind
garberville , California

My trailer is a 1966 Trade Wind Land Yacht. I have owned it since around 1990, originally obtained for the boys room but now that it has survived all that and more I am working on this to be my jewelry making studio. Living close to the ground I don't have much money and less man power the main problem this coming winter is to
1) patch repair the sub-flooring and lay laminate down
2) vent covers / refrigerator hole cover
3) replace window /door insulation

For now that overwhelming enough as my bench is living outside and hopefully rain is coming. With that said I welcome any hints and experience or just pointers on how best to access the Air Forums.
At this time the 1/2 plywood is what I am dealing with removing that in the front I am wondering if it might just be better to forego patching and lay it all new in that front portion and try to jig saw the piece from under both side windows one side in front of the door and the other to just go around the stove/sink cabinets. It is steel under is rusted so I guess the best thing to do is sand paper it clean it and rustoleum?
Is the sub flooring supposed to be attached to that steel? Or can it float as well as the laminate? Ok enuf for today.
1966trade is offline   Reply With Quote