Old 04-15-2016, 09:10 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1958 22' Caravanner
not shared , Nebraska
Here,s why the numbers vary so. DDickey - correct, a 13 panel 1957. pbeansailor - yours a 1958, 7 panel # 9153. 1958 numbers 9100 thru 9199. My 1958 is 9189 , also gutted so named "Yurt on Wheels" because all contents can be moved outside under the huge awning. Also, all contents transported in tow vehicle, can be pulled and placed at point of use. Therefore my Yurt" always weighs 2180 # so handling never varies. 1,000# in Cadillac Escalade EXt has self leveling air ride. Flawless design. All weather. The cold weather packing list differs from warm weather so never transport what will not be used ( example: wood fired heater, blankets, warm clothing, items not subject to freezing freezing, etc)

Old 04-15-2016, 09:32 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1958 22' Caravanner
not shared , Nebraska
Ignore my last post. The 1958s are 93XX. And mine 9389. Am seeing if CA numbering for 1957s is different than OH

Old 04-15-2016, 11:37 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1958 22' Caravanner
not shared , Nebraska
DDickey: Found it. Number 3445 was Ohio built 22' Flying Cloud with the window treatment on street side same as the 9100 to 9299 Caravanners. Google in 1957 Flying Cloud 22' #O-3424 Vintage Airstream". Good info. or google in 1957 Caravanner 22' or one more 1957 Flying Cloud 22'. Your O-3445 number was an early build as numbers were 3421 to 3499, The later ones having switched to 7 panel and yours 13. The Flying Cloud and Caravanner floor plans are very different but really makes little difference when gutted. You probably had a bathroom window above the toilet and corner sink. My toilet was at rear with a sink wood vanity under the window ..But windows and placement likely the same. Yours probably has no nameplate and is referred to as "Custom: while my 1958 has Caravanner name plate. I think both of us have the nicer big double windows next to the door.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:53 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1957 22' Custom
Lago Vista , Texas
Thanks BigButtUgly

That's really good information to have. The interior of mine was poorly remodeled at some point. The bed took up the rear of the trailer and was pretty big, and the restroom was moved street side, just behind the kitchen. Even though it was a hatchet job, I sort of liked the floor plan because the bed was almost queen size and the restroom was large. I may do a modified version of it - still trying to figure it out
Old 04-17-2016, 03:30 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1958 22' Caravanner
not shared , Nebraska
DDickey: There were some as I described and some as you stated. If you look up 1958 Caravanner you'll see what mine was like. My reconfigure has a rear twin mattress which blocks the window and folds down only when needed. Up to use the corner base shower stall. Airstream toilet now gone. I use a portable. Other end same mattress set up. In severe below zero conditions both remain up and I use an Intek inflatable couch/queen bed near the wood burning heater. I'm good to -40 degrees F.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:28 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1957 22' Caravanner
appleton , Wisconsin
DD and BBU-

Woohoo, I am totally pumped to find this thread. I am about 2 weeks behind DD. I have a new to me, fresh from the woods, 57’ Caravanner. Check my link and stop by. I will be following right along with you. I assume we are going to have many of the same questions. Maybe I should just hang back a little and let you do the heavy lifting and follow but what fun would that be.

Subscribed!

How about an update?
Old 08-03-2016, 08:04 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1957 22' Custom
Lago Vista , Texas
Hey jjmtb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmtb View Post
DD and BBU-

Woohoo, I am totally pumped to find this thread. I am about 2 weeks behind DD. I have a new to me, fresh from the woods, 57’ Caravanner. Check my link and stop by. I will be following right along with you. I assume we are going to have many of the same questions. Maybe I should just hang back a little and let you do the heavy lifting and follow but what fun would that be.

Subscribed!

How about an update?
I've got another thread going over in the General Repair forum called 'I Love Lucy' that's detailing the renovation. I've been stuck on tanks for several weeks and that's why I haven't updated, but I'm about to get it worked out and will be making progress again. Let's do this together, and here's the link to the thread http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...cy-150509.html

Tags