Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-19-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
 
1977 29' Ambassador
Union , Mississippi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34
1977 AS Ambassador 29'

Hello to all,
I need to know what kind of sealant to use around the exhaust fan (outside) in the bathroom, had a leak this past week and looks like the sealant on the top is cracked in couple places.
Question #2-- does anyone know where and what to ask for when ordering the 1" blue striping for the outside. If anyone has ordering info sure would appreciate it. Just replaced my 120VAC to 12vDC converter, and need to replace AC unit as well.
Question #3-- what type of paint to use for around the hook-up outside, frame has a little rust beginning to show and want to fix it while in the fixing mood.

Any help to these questions appreciated.
__________________

__________________
Katman104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #2
Rivet Master
 
funkill's Avatar

 
1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,447
Images: 27
#1 - you might consider replacing the vent gasket too - since you're in the fixing mood
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f456...s-48119-2.html

#2 - dunno - but a search on "1" blue tape" returned this... reply #10 is interestsing.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f474...ils-34229.html

#3 - Por-15 seems to be a paint/restorer of choice for frame work.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/...ame-70013.html

Cheers -
__________________

__________________
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
FunKee - and the Silver Olive
1973 27' Overlander
2006 F-150 Lariat QuadCrew
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member
 
1977 29' Ambassador
Union , Mississippi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katman104 View Post
Hello to all,
I need to know what kind of sealant to use around the exhaust fan (outside) in the bathroom, had a leak this past week and looks like the sealant on the top is cracked in couple places.
Question #2-- does anyone know where and what to ask for when ordering the 1" blue striping for the outside. If anyone has ordering info sure would appreciate it. Just replaced my 120VAC to 12vDC converter, and need to replace AC unit as well.
Question #3-- what type of paint to use for around the hook-up outside, frame has a little rust beginning to show and want to fix it while in the fixing mood.

Any help to these questions appreciated.
new information>>>> can anyone tell me where I might find this Bathroom exhaust fan ...see attachment if it will post for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0876_JPEG.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	308.3 KB
ID:	297362  
__________________
Katman104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:07 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member
 
dennis3751's Avatar
 
1976 29' Ambassador
Fitchburg , Wisconsin
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 161
C and G trailers in Bellflower, CA should have the plastic insert for the lower blue stripe.
Dennis
__________________
dennis3751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:12 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member
 
1977 29' Ambassador
Union , Mississippi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34
edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katman104 View Post
new information>>>> can anyone tell me where I might find this Bathroom exhaust fan ...see attachment if it will post for me.
OK has anyone ever had to replace the Bathroom exhaust fan and if so what did you replace it with?
__________________
Katman104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:39 AM   #6
Rivet Master
 
4RXLA's Avatar
 
1977 31' Excella 500
West Sacramento , California
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 531
Images: 33
Blog Entries: 12
I replaced mine with the current model used on new airstreams.
__________________
4RXLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:23 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member
 
1977 29' Ambassador
Union , Mississippi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RXLA View Post
I replaced mine with the current model used on new airstreams.
Thank you for your response
__________________
Katman104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:12 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member
 
1977 29' Ambassador
Union , Mississippi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katman104 View Post
Thank you for your response
Got the blue insert and replaced it. Repaired the bathroom exhaust fan. The fan was disintegrated, reason for leaking. Found a replacement blade and with modification fixed it to fit shaft on my motor which was good. Used sealer that comes in rolls and sticky stuff
to seal with.
Thanks for all the help and responses.
__________________

__________________
Katman104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1977 Excella 500 Coastal Camper :: 1977 Airstream Excella 500 Excella77 Airstream Registry Discussions 0 08-23-2014 03:18 PM
1977 31' Sovereign :: 1977 Airstream Sovereign judflor Airstream Registry Discussions 0 05-23-2012 11:15 AM
1977 land yacht 31 vs 1977 argosy minuet 20 joe77 General Interior Topics 3 06-30-2009 09:51 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.