Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Columbia , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olroy View Post
Bless you Megan, just bought a 76 this last Friday been working on it every spare min. Keeping my wall paper , weird little doors and everything else that former owners hasen't already screwed up moderizing. wish I had it just like it came from factory, wouldnt change a thing. Gotta find a place to find out how to jack the thing up so I can check barrings and elect brakes. Hasent been used in about 10 years.
I just bought a28 ft call factory and they are very helpful the said to put jack behind rear wheel there is two farms just to back or left of rear wheel ,do not jack axles per factory . Hope this helps .
Ducky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #22
Olroy

1976 29' Ambassador
1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Barbourville , Kentucky
Thanks Ducky2 , Done all that last summer, just jacked it up on the axels next to wheel seemed to work ok changed out everything except the rims. Elect brakes bearings . put tile on floors, still had leaks from this winter. going to change over to new pipeing and make sure it drains rigntfor winterizing. Need to get something going for heater thermostat has power going thru but not a sound out of heater. been using little elect space heaters but need circulating fan going to keep pipes from freezing. How are you comeing with yours.Olroy (Roy West in SE Ky..)
Olroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:03 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1981 28' Airstream 280
Austin , Texas
Any concerns with trailer sag in your rear bath models

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
ASTailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1975 ambassador, 1976 ambassador