Old 01-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2007 28' International CCD
Springfield , Missouri
I replaced my water pump with a Sureflo Revolution 2 years ago and it was a big improvement from the original.Quiet, no pulsing,quick shutdown and more water pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Old 01-26-2015, 07:57 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Great thread. I am the crazy one- constantly upgrading with little camping! My list is extensive on what has been done. I have not gone with solar as it seems costly what it benefits versus a generator and inverter. Like Babs I focused first on safety- wheels/tires upgrade, hitch, etc. I added two fantastic vents as both of mine originally were just screened. I utilize my inverter and would recommend that to those wanting pluggable power when not hooked to a landline. The first thing I did was replace the carpet in the bedroom. It was nasty. It is now a high-end heavy ounce carpet with anti-mold pad. In the future I would like no carpet and a complete new floor but the vinyl is in good condition. Thus, the evolution as others have mentioned.

It is difficult to say what an immediate upgrade would be as there are all different era AS purchased with various needs. I believe the one major achilles heel of campers are the tires. There are just too many blow outs. Perhaps it is irresponsible owners but more and more I read stories like "we just got this camper and were on our first trip when the tire blew and damaged our camper." That and anti-sway sound like the immediates that might apply to everyone.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:08 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Looking back, my most immediate upgrade would have been the ProPride (or Hensley) hitch because I wouldn't have spent $700 on the dealer's hitch/installation. It has also been the most significant improvement in towing comfort and safety, by far. Michelin 16" tires/Sendel wheels are next, for tire reliability and peace of mind.

The most significant improvement in living comfort has been the recliner seating conversion done at Jackson Center. Next has been a Hensley Hot heater, for even, quiet heating during our "snowbird" winters. Maxim vent covers are high on the list for ventilation during rain and while sleeping or towing.

For maintenance we have three standout products and procedures. An inexpensive Sonin Moisture Detection Meter used quarterly around the interior perimeter of the trailer, probing into the plywood subfloor assures any leaks will be found and fixed before wood rot can occur. CorrosionX applied to exterior shell rivets, cut panel edges, accessories, hinges/locks, and nicks/scratches and Boeshield T9 applied to underbody steel components has kept our new Airstream completely corrosion free since new 3 1/2 years.

We are very comfortable with our Flying Cloud 25 Rear Queen Bed and the improvements we have done. It came from the factory with solar/AGM batteries, full awnings, and convection/microwave plus gas oven. These would otherwise be very high on our improvement list. The least used factory accessory is the air conditioner, aftermarket accessory is the Honda 2000i generator.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Delete repeat post.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote