Old 03-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Rockville , Maryland
Hi Chris:

Purchasing my 30 Airstream Classic from Colonial Airstream (yes - again, Luv these guys) - paperwork is done but won't pick it up for a few weeks so I have to drool over the pics of my new unit that they sent me till then.

My new unit was built in February (same month as my truck) and I am excited about the extra space and a few other specs the new 30 footer Classic will give me over my current 25 Classic. Pictures to be posted as soon as I get my hands on her (hopefully just a few weeks)...

Since this is a long, long term purchase - after one year with the 25 Classic (and now with a more capable tow vehicle) decided to jump off one and to the other - lucky for me the losses were minimal.

John

**I Love U.S.A.**
JFScheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFScheck View Post
paperwork is done but won't pick it up for a few weeks so I have to drool over the pics on their web site of my unit till then.

Since this is a long, long term purchase - after one year with the 25 Classic (and now with a more capable tow vehicle) decided to jump off one and to the other - lucky for me the losses were minimal.

John
At least you have pics to drool over! I only have mental images at this point!

Exact situation with me; except I only had my 2010 25' FC for 7 months . And yes, I was very surprised that the trade values - I was really expecting to take a bath on my 2010.

-Chris

Old 03-28-2011, 06:14 AM   #17
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Damerel, lots of good info already posted. Sometimes it is hard to decide what is best. Get as much trailer as you can for comfort (it will outlast the tv) and as much TV as you can for safe towing. Maybe consider a 90's era trailer that has been gently used and a 2005-2009 TV with low miles for dependability. Probably could fit the budget. Glad you're in the hunt. Good luck, safe & happy travels. John
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Pulaski , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by cms4140 View Post
JFS-
I just noticed the new avatar and profile notes. How is the new 30?

I've had 30 CL on order since the last week of January - was supposed to be here last week - parts are backordered and the dealership's AS rep is not sure when they'll have them in. I am guessing Japan might have something to do with the uncertaintity. I understand that 2012's are now coming off the line/or are the next in production planning, so I am interested to see what model year I end up with.

-Chris
Chris,

Just curious who your dealer is.

Steve

07' Classic 31, 11' Dodge 3500 Cummins
au_ee is offline   Reply With Quote