Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2016, 11:09 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Peter, I was able to get 19.5% off MRSP, and pulled the trigger. Now I have to be patient, can't wait your get the new AS! They said December.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:16 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Gold Country , California
Awesome! Congratulations, I'm sure it's going to be amazing!
NorCal Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:50 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Loretto , Ontario
There is more to the buying experience than price. Sure the price is important but the relationship with the dealer is also important. Traveling hundreds or thousands of miles to save a few bucks might not work out in the end. When something goes wrong (and it will) its best to work with the selling dealer, ideally the closest. You buy the trailer once and have it serviced many times. There is true value in the relationship.
Some of the high volume dealers count on customers never returning for service. They simply don't have the facility to service all the trailers they sell.
Naper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:29 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutboy View Post
Peter, I was able to get 19.5% off MRSP, and pulled the trigger. Now I have to be patient, can't wait your get the new AS! They said December.
Good news, thanks for the feedback! I wonder if the time of year contributed to the dealer being willing to drop that much? What model if you don't mind?

Thanks,

Peter

PS -- Sorry I just realized that I missed your 10/17 Post #11. Great that you were able to use the local dealer!
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:05 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Peter, our new AS is a FC 23D bunk. Thx.

I agree with the distance comment on the dealer. Even if the local dealer didn't match, I probably would have went with them. But this is also real money, and it pays to do a little negotiation. Besides, what's the worst thing anyone can say if you ask, "no". But if you don't ask, you will never know.

Our negotiations went like this:

1. Visited the local (40 miles) dealer and looked at AS. Selected the 23D. He gave me price, I told him I was going to consider it.
2. Two days later I called back, changed some of the options, and asked him to do his best. He came down a little.
3. I called several other dealers and asked for pricing on the same model/options. One came in at 19.5% off MRSP (1600 miles away).
4. I called local dealer back told him I was going to buy, another dealer was much cheaper, but if he matched it I would buy from him. I made it clear I was not going to keep going back and leverage the other guy next, that if he matched this, I was buying.
5. He agreed to match, and now we get our new AS in December, with local dealer, at the price we wanted.

Over all very painless process in my opinion. We really like the sales guy at the local place, and will be ASing soon!
Thanks
Old 10-25-2016, 03:08 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks.

A "Silver Christmas" in Colorado!

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote