Old 10-18-2016, 12:10 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Friday Harbor , Washington
In the Northwest, on a 2016 FC, in late August, the dealer allowed about 13%, plus towing to my home (about 120 miles) plus paying for and delivering to a campground for two days so I could try it out before taking delivery. As I live on an island, it was going to be costly for me to return it for any warranty work. I found the Seattle dealership accommodating.

Rob Cope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:05 PM   #16
2017 25' International
Saint Cloud , Florida
We had offers of 20% off at two locations. One dealer had to be pushed pretty hard to come off that far and the other dealer came right off on a 25 Serenity. We ordered/purchased from the easiest dealer to deal with. Sounds like you received a very good deal.

RGJZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:06 PM   #17
2016 19' International
Phoenix , Arizona
I'm located in Phoenix and I bought my 2016 International in July and got around 10% off plus a blue ox swaypro.
Sarah198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member
2017 28' International
Virginia Beach , Virginia
We bought ours at Safford in Virginia. I worked with Colonial, Bay Area Airstream Adventures as before making my decision. All were within $3-5K of each other, however after tacking on the costs associated with traveling to pick-up the trailer and future service, I took my chances with Safford - great experience, professional, thorough and focused on ensuring we were satisfied. My final price was almost 21% off MSRP for a fully optioned (including solar package) 2017 Serenity 28' International. It came from the factory, so if there was to be more discount from sitting on the lot, I missed out on that. We're very happy ...
VaTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Originally Posted by Troutboy View Post
I am negotiating the price on a new airstream, 2017.

Based on the MRSP, I am being offered a price that is 12% off the MRSP. Is this good, or should I dig harder for more?

What have been others experience.

Apologies for contributing to your thread wandering into OT territory!

How are you doing with your purchase?

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM   #20
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Just a reminder folks...

From the Community Rules:

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

We've done some clean-up. Please do not repost.

The Site Team
🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Peter, I was able to get 19.5% off MRSP, and pulled the trigger. Now I have to be patient, can't wait your get the new AS! They said December.
Troutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member
2017 25' Flying Cloud
Gold Country , California
Awesome! Congratulations, I'm sure it's going to be amazing!
NorCal Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:50 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member
2017 30' Classic
Loretto , Ontario
There is more to the buying experience than price. Sure the price is important but the relationship with the dealer is also important. Traveling hundreds or thousands of miles to save a few bucks might not work out in the end. When something goes wrong (and it will) its best to work with the selling dealer, ideally the closest. You buy the trailer once and have it serviced many times. There is true value in the relationship.
Some of the high volume dealers count on customers never returning for service. They simply don't have the facility to service all the trailers they sell.

Naper is online now   Reply With Quote

« Newbie needs help | Top | - »