Old 06-06-2010, 07:08 AM   #29
Rivet Master
2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
don't be afraid of the propride. read this thread:
and this one:
(after the official guide) and if they don't answer any question you have call sean at PP. his support it excellent!
ProPride, Inc. Trailer Hitch - The Next Generation in Trailer Sway Elimination

2012 F150 Super Crew 5-1/2' bed Ecoboost 4x4 3.73 elec. lock diff. Propride hitch
give life. kidney & pancreas transplant 9/9/06
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:40 AM   #30
Rivet Master
2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
I wonder if there is any way to check for a parasitic drain?

It wasn't until after I installed a Trimetric, that showed a phantom load, that J/C took the time to fix whatever the heck it was...

Walk-through was unproductive.
Dealer (Jim May RV, no longer in business) did a poor job of prepping, and mechanic knew even less about specific Airstream systems than I did (at the time).

Did anyone mention "leaks", yet?

Anyhoo, nothing a few trips to J/C couldn't fix...

I love the posts of folks waiting to take delivery... brings back those memories of goosebumps and excitement...
and the nausea after seeing final invoice

boondockdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:47 AM   #31
Rivet Master
2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
If it will boil water, it will pop corn.

if it won't boil water, well, time to get a different microwave.
It's for real. The OEM Sharp MW doesn't pop bagged popcorn.

It may be because it doesn't ever operate as just a 'microwave'... it "thinks" too much and depending on the mode of operation, the grill or convection cookers kick on...
boondockdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member
2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
is your microwave, the one that won't pop popcorn a straight micro? or micro/convection?
our '04 Classic Limited has the Sharp R-820JS Grill2 Convection Microwave. Should be the exact same size and pops just fine, in fact has a popcorn button......
should be the same size if your micro is built in under the counter or over the counter. If you have the "pull out" microwave, that's pretty tiny, and this will not fit.
DFDureiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Ivins , Utah
Wow, a lot of new 27FB's hitting the road! We are picking up our new 27FB Flying Cloud in two weeks; this thread is very timely. Thanks for all the advice - this forum, and the people on it, are awesome!

steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
Originally Posted by jcanavera View Post
If the master is on, you will get a draw from the appliances (even though they are off). If the master is off, the propane detector is still live although that draw is many times less than what you would measure with the master disconnect switch in the on position.

On my '01 Safari I measured .1 draw with master on. With master off the draw was .01 amp hour. Do the math using the amp hour capacity of your battery and you can see why after a number of days in storage, the battery hasn't much left.

What you did short of putting in some type of knife switch is the only way to save the charge.

Thanks for confirming that. I kind of thought that what it was. I had trouble tracing it, so now I just disconnect the battery.
hhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #35
ProPride, Inc.
Commercial Member
Grand Blanc , Michigan
Send a message via Skype™ to Sean Woodruff
Originally Posted by gamana View Post
They are installing a PP 3P hitch which, from what I read, is the hardest system to install. That's promising....

Not hard at all. While there may be more "parts" to attach to the frame I wouldn't say it is hard to do.
ProPride Hitch
"The Next Generation in Trailer Sway Elimination"
Grand Blanc, MI
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #36
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Green Valley , Arizona
I hope you do not mind me coming on board with this discussion. I am looking at a 27fb and just cannot figure out the "best" tow vehicle. I would like something big enough and safe enough to do the job, but not too big as to over do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Still looking
royerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #37
Rivet Master
1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Originally Posted by finalcutjoe View Post
It's for real. The OEM Sharp MW doesn't pop bagged popcorn.

It may be because it doesn't ever operate as just a 'microwave'... it "thinks" too much and depending on the mode of operation, the grill or convection cookers kick on...
Just caught up on this thread. Is the OEM unit a Sharp Grill 2? I understand that they were common in many RVs.

If so, I just added one in my Excella. I will agree that there are a lot of settings. I keep the owner's manual next to mine. The owner's manual says to put an inverted pie plate on the turntable to pop popcorn. Works great.
vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member
2010 27' FB International
Birmingham , Michigan
There are a number of available tow vehicles that will work for the 27FB. I have a 2010 Expedition that does the job. I have just ordered a new Ford F250 with the new diesel. MPG is outstanding and it will tow a lot more weight than my Expedition. While I like the Expedition a lot, I just felt I was on the upper end of its capability. I also have a PP hitch. It is absolutely the best thing I could have purchased to toe my AS. You literally can't tell you are towing a trailer. It TOTALLY eliminates trailer sway. Yes, it was expensive. But if you're going to take on towing a trailer, it should be done the safest way possible and PP lets you do that.
Aquabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #39
Rivet Master
2005 25' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
My trailer had very little wrong at delivery. Like others I improved the adjustment of the hitch. I second the idea to pay very close attention to awning deployment and suggest you have them walk you through it while you do it. Its easy once you get the hang of it but a brief demonstration is not enough.

My trailer was most failure prone in the first year to 18 months. Power converter failed, Sony CD skipped, Dometic fridge spark plug device failed, crank roof vents cracked. Probably my biggest problem was high pressure spikes in the water system when the water heater fired up. The over pressure would force leaks out of the fresh water inlet and out of the pressure relief valve. Water dripped from under shower. It took accumulator device plumbed into water system to fix this. Trailer settled down after first year, but still a trickle of small stuff. The last couple years have concentrated on skylight, AC shroud, shower curtain double sided tape, minor caulking, minor touch up painting, clean water heater mixing tube (spiders), wheel bearing replacement (2), and tire replacement.
tpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #40
2003 22' International
Grand Rapids , Michigan
We too have had a good experience with our recent purchase at Woodland RV. the guys are great and have been super with answering all out questions and fixing a couple minor issues with our 2003 22' AS. Have fun with the new one.
TinCanCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Northwestern Ontario , - on the backside of the map and just above the big green spot
Our serious issues were not really with the trailer but with the dealer.

Most issues with the trailer (fit and trim) made themselves apparent in the first few months and were addressed remotely, but amiably, with Jackson Centre - they supplied any necessary parts and I did the work. I was also able to include one warranty trip to Jackson Centre that fit nicely with some vacation plans.

Regarding our issues with the dealer it probably doesn't hurt to know that we were newbies to this kind of towing - trusted the dealership totally to hook us up with the correct towing equipment and get us safely on our way.

Having said that - the issues with the dealer upon delivery were safety related and included:
  • improper 7-pin wiring:
    • brakes failed within two blocks of the dealership - took another day to get rectified
    • lights failed the first night - blown fuses
  • improper WD set-up
    • rectified after we got home (3 days away) - much improved towing experience once the hitch was tuned up.
  • loose hitch ball
    • discovered this the first time we unhooked - trip to the hardware store for a massive pipe and adjustable wrench fixed this
  • propane tanks not tightened properly (loose is a better description)
    • also discovered our first nights stop - an easy fix
To make a long story short - after our first night out we spend several hours going over the trailer, truck and hitch to satisfy ourselves that everything was roadworthy and safe. We found nothing else.

In a last hurrah - two years later - we began losing our brakes on an intermittent basis - it turned out to be a trailer wiring connection under the hood that appeared to have been only hand tightened - my wife and I looked at each other and had exactly the same thought at exactly the same time ...... was this the final shot left over from our "delivery"?

So far so good ..... 8 years and counting.

Bambi - 2002 (The Toaster)
Pathfinder - 2009 (The Buggy)

"I'm not young enough to know everything ....."
(Oscar Wilde)
RangerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:33 AM   #42
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
Originally Posted by TinCanCoop View Post
We too have had a good experience with our recent purchase at Woodland RV. the guys are great and have been super with answering all out questions and fixing a couple minor issues with our 2003 22' AS. Have fun with the new one.
Excellent and timely thread. We will be picking up our 2010 Sport 22 FB from Woodland. Glad to hear that they have a good review from a customer in here

Castaway is offline   Reply With Quote

delivery inspection