Old 06-23-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
Rivet Master
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
The buying experiance at Skyriver RV

Skyriver RV Paso Robles, Ca.

Here's the situation. We decided to buy a 19 Safari. After lots of internet searching and a trip to an Airstream dealer in Orange County we decided to buy at Sky river RV. I spoke with a salesperson named Lori. She seems to be knowledgable and is smart, pleasant and helpful. We made the deal and pick up is set for 7-1-06. I put down $2,000.00 via credit card and am to hand over $8,000.00 more on pick up. The dealer wanted 10 days for the PDI. I agreed and advised that delivery inspection would involve trying EVERY system on battery and shore power. To date the status is this. I'm very happy with the deal and the people I've dealt with. Lori and Denise. We'll see what happens on pick up day. I'll let you know so you too will know about this dealer.

Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:32 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
2004 25' Safari
Paso Robles , California
I have no association with Sky River (we bought ours in San Diego) but I have known Lori for a long time and I'll vouch for her character. She wouldn't intentionally lead you down the wrong path.

She is genuinely "sold" on Airstream, and is the one responsible for getting my wife interested in them...were it not for Lori, we'd be pulling another boring SOB.

The only caviat to this discussion is the service department. I have a friend who bought a SOB there. Seems that there are always littles things to fix. He'd leave his coach, and they'd fix one thing and break another! I'm not saying that this is how ALL the service happens there, but what I will recommend is that you look at EVERYTHING...almost as if it was a used make certain that everything works.

You should be fine. Enjoy your Safari.

'04 25' Safari
'06 Dodge 2500 Cummins TurboDiesel
Yamaha 3000 Inverter Generator (Shhh!)
kolarshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:30 AM   #3
Rivet Master
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Picked up the A/S at Sky River

We went last Saturday to pick up the new A/S. Met Lori and did the check out. Trailer was ready and while we went through the check the service Dept. installed a w/d hitch. I found three minor and I mean VERY minor flaws. So minor I did not have them fixed. 1, Screw missing on a latch. I installed a screw later that day. Cabinet panel 1/64th out of alignment. So what. 3, Popped rivet in the back inside corner above bed. All other rivets surrounding in fast so I left it alone. Everybody I dealt with in service was pleasant and knoledgable and all work done was A/1.

Lori: I found her to be personable, pleasant, knowledgable and honest. When I bought the unit on line the ad said it had a T.V. as a part of the bargaining I tried to trade the T.V. for other stuff. She said no but I got the other stuff anyway. Now the funny part. There was no T.V. in the unit when I went to pick it up. Thinking I was gonna get a T.V. I had warmed to the idea and had DVD's with us to watch that night. When I advised Lori there was no T.V. the look of shock on her face was kinda funny. We went through the paperwork and that unit had never come with one. So what to do now? Lori offered to write a personal check so I could buy a T.V. Nice offer. I asked if she got an employee discount. Of course she does. So I gave her the option of writing the check or sending some chairs I really liked. As of yet I have gotten niether but its been only a week and she went on a short vacation. I would really be surprised if she welched as it does not seem to be her personality. Now some would say I should have gotten the T.V. due to the ad. Now that may be true but it was an honest misunderstanding and I was not really in love with camping with a T.V. anyway. Remember I had tried to trade it away. I truly believe that had I pushed it I would have gotten the T.V. but I never even mentioned to Lori that I now wanted the T.V. Also she had a good argument as to why I should not get one. Fine print disclaimer on the ad. She never brought that up. She was focused on making me happy and not dodging anything.

Service. I live in Los Angeles so my service and repair will be done at either Inland R.V. or in Bellflower.

Final thoughts about Sky River. Assuming Lori follows through and I would be stunned if she did'nt. I would strongly recomend Sky River and especially Lori to anyone and everyone. My next A/S purchase will be from there also and if Lori moves to a different dealership I would go there. This purchase was made easy and enjoyable by Lori and Denise a rarity these days it seems.
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

AIR# 13896
CA 4
Old 07-10-2006, 11:09 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member
2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Congratulations on your new Airstream. We also had a good experience at Sky River from our purchase a few months ago, the people are very nice. Staying at wine country RV was a nice touch. We bought our new AS sight unseen 600 miles away and were pleased with our overall experience. The only point of disappointment is the warranty items we are now getting taken care, some of them could have been caught by Sky River during the lengthy prep and "inspection" period. Being a first time RV owner it was hard to know what all to look for in the walk thru. All the reading I did on the forums before goes out the door when you’re overcome by excitement. BTW that gigantic dealer sticker they slap on the back comes off, but you’ll need a little elbow grease to get the gum off. Congrats and safe travels. AZstreamin
AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
Rivet Master
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
I bought mine blind also but from only 200 miles away.

I checked mine out pretty closely and asked a gazillion questions too. I'm sorry you found items that need repair.

That blue plastic sticker on the back was gone before we left the lot.

They were nice enough to offer us a night at Wine Country but as we sat in an empty trailer wondering what we were going to do about blankets, plates etc. We dicided to head home and load it up and go camping. So we came back home filled it with our junk and went camping til Tues.

I wish you years of fun and adventure. Remember what Wally said. "Adventure is where you find it. You can find it anywhere but at home sitting in your rocking chair."
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

AIR# 13896
CA 4