Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-21-2017, 08:15 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
 
DaddysBus's Avatar
 
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin , Texas
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 56
The "add on" pitch at time of closing

So our 27fb is arriving in about a month, and since I'm new to airstream trailers, I wanted to ask the more experienced folk the following.

When buying the Airstream Interstate I was awestruck at buying our first rig and fearing the worse I signed up for sone crap the finance manager pitched that in hindsight were useless, and me falling for the scare tactic.

This time around, I'm thinking of sticking with the usual AS warranty and a Good Sam membership, but wanted to see if there were any other important stuff I should be looking to get.

Thanks in advance!
__________________

__________________
DaddysBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:26 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
 
2018 25' International
Sanford , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddysBus View Post
So our 27fb is arriving in about a month, and since I'm new to airstream trailers, I wanted to ask the more experienced folk the following.

When buying the Airstream Interstate I was awestruck at buying our first rig and fearing the worse I signed up for sone crap the finance manager pitched that in hindsight were useless, and me falling for the scare tactic.

This time around, I'm thinking of sticking with the usual AS warranty and a Good Sam membership, but wanted to see if there were any other important stuff I should be looking to get.

Thanks in advance!
I JUST ordered a 2018 Serenity 25'FB twin and this finance manager had nothing to sell me. Was he not doing his job? Is it a dealership variable? What exactly did I miss out on (not that I would ever go for an extended warrantee or any other B.S. from a dealership)?
__________________

__________________
astroboy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
 
DaddysBus's Avatar
 
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin , Texas
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy18 View Post
I JUST ordered a 2018 Serenity 25'FB twin and this finance manager had nothing to sell me. Was he not doing his job? Is it a dealership variable? What exactly did I miss out on (not that I would ever go for an extended warrantee or any other B.S. from a dealership)?


Did you just order or pick up? I'm talking pick up when you sign final papers.
__________________
DaddysBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member
 
2017 25' Flying Cloud
Gold Country , California
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 330
I know a lot of people on here, including myself, did not sign up for any add ons. It really depends on your comfort level, but I think the 2 year warranty included with a new Airstream should be enough time to work out the initial bugs. I also opted out of the coating package.

Some people are willing to pay extra for the comfort of knowing they have a warranty, but it sounds like you didn't need any of that before. I think with a trailer you would have even less to worry about failing.
__________________
NorCal Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:37 PM   #5
Rivet Slave
 
Rocinante's Avatar

 
2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,662
Blog Entries: 49
The "add on" pitch at time of closing

If they're going to sell you a bunch of add-ons, it's the final paperwork person (usually also the finance person) who suggests a bunch of additional stuff.

When we bought our 2014 International Signature 27FB, they managed to sell us on the stain-proofing option for the upholstery and some kind of protectant for the outside. Had this been anything but our first time around buying a new RV, we would have declined those options. We successfully declined extended warranties and any other stuff beyond additions we had specifically ordered, such as a rear-view camera and a solar panel. Thought about buying a 3rd party "comprehensive" warranty, but that is a lawyer's game and we also vetoed that, choosing to cover our own repair risks once the warranty ended. So far, that has proven to be a good decision.

If we had it to do over again, we would *not* have had the dealer add the solar, and would instead have gone with a firm that knows far more about it than any dealer (e.g. AM Solar, Lewster, or pretty much anybody else would have been more knowledgeable and experienced than the dealer, and would have installed a much better system for the money). Please do not misunderstand - we are, overall, very happy with our dealer's service department, but they really are not, and cannot be, solar specialists.
__________________
Rocinante is our 2014 International Signature 27FB
(Named for John Steinbeck's camper from "Travels With Charley")


Rocinante is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:41 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member
 
DaddysBus's Avatar
 
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin , Texas
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 56
Awesome, that's what I figured.
I fell for the Resist-All protection too as I was just dying to finish up and get in the RV...
__________________
DaddysBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:45 PM   #7
Rivet Master
 
PharmGeek's Avatar

 
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,377
I cannot remember being really bothered much - but a 3rd party plan for warranty stuff was offered - it seemed a fine print and costly nightmare to me
__________________
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”


PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:48 PM   #8
Rivet Master
 
Troutboy's Avatar
 
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,112
Images: 1
Purchased new, first time RVer, last December. They sold me an extended warranty, $2100, and a road hazard plan ($585). I fell for it, as I also just wanted to get the trailer home and play with it.

I am an avid do-it-yourselfer, and had many modifications planned. The next day I wasn't feeling great about the warranty, and remembered i had 90 days to cancel. So i began to read the fine print, and didn't like what I saw. Seemed very hard to get things approved (burden of proof on owner), as well as many caveats and exclusions. The main thing was modifications. I planned many (solar, electrical, AC, running gear, etc). I was convinced they wouldn't honor any requests based on all the mods i wanted to make. So i called the dealer, and I cancelled it. They gave me a full refund, no questions asked.

I kept the road hazard, as we have horrible luck with tires on our cars. I have these on both our cars, and it has paid for itself many times over. Hope fully wont need it on the trailer, but it was worth the peace of mind for us.
__________________
Thanks,
Troutboy
Troutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:53 PM   #9
Moderator
 
jcanavera's Avatar

 
2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,003
Images: 143
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
We were offered an extended warranty but turned it down. I have no regrets over the 14 years of ownership. Also read all the documentation that come with your trailer for the various appliances and components. In many cases you will find that those manufacturers may offer warranties that exceed the 2 year Airstream warranty or offer an extended warranty for their component at a very low cost. For example my systems panel on my Classic carried a 5 year warranty.

Jack
__________________
Jack Canavera
STL Mo.
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member
 
Currently Looking...
Vintage Kin Owner
Sonoma Co. , California
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 297
The add-ons are pushed by the finance manager instead of the sales manager because they know at that point of the purchasing process most buyers will not attempt to negotiate a lower price on these highly marked up and extremely profitable add-ons. They will push even harder at the finance dept if the sales dept has had to give you a discount to secure your purchase. Auto dealerships are especially notorious for this practice.
__________________
USAtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #11
Rivet Master
 
2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 624
I wasn't pressured at all by the dealer I went through but if I could suggest I would highly recommend that you spend at least one night in your new AS on the dealers lot, full hookup, to make sure everything is actually working as it should. Play with everything, heat/AC, showers, sinks, television, all systems. I know we all want to play with our new toys and excited to get back home but please, just spend one night on the lot. Let then know you plan to do this ahead of time. You may catch something before it is an issue and have to haul it back to the dealer. Many can attest to the maiden voyage shakedown. Just a suggestion.
__________________
Lauri
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:43 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member
 
2018 27' Globetrotter
Chandler , Arizona
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 23
We returned to our dealer to sign the papers for our 2018 Globetrotter yesterday (Friday). The finance guy seemed upset that we hadn't purchased cilajet ($1795) sealant, Tyron flat tire protection ($1000), or Portfolio Protection ($4895) mechanical breakdown protection.

When the dealer GM came in, the finance guy told us that the GM wouldn't be happy because the finance guy hand't sold us any add ons. The GM spent the next 30 minutes telling us why we needed there three additions. I was starting to think that maybe we needed more that we had, but held my position.

I'm a data guy, so my response was consistently that I'd go and do my research and then call back if I wanted any additional coverage.

So the questions that I want to ask are:
1. Do folks believe that the additional breakdown warranty is worth it versus paying out of pocket?
2. If the warranty is worth it, which firm? (seems that that Portfolio Protection is not liked by some)
3. celajet was promoted as a way of preventing corrosion and fabric protection - is it worth it? Again, $1795 seemed steep to me.
4. Is tyron really going to help when pulling a two axle trailer? The dudes mentioned that the product will also close the deductable gap should damage occur. My thoughts are that a tire pressure monitoring system might be more valuable.

Thanks! ... Duncan
__________________
ddrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:26 PM   #13
Rivet Slave
 
Rocinante's Avatar

 
2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,662
Blog Entries: 49
The "add on" pitch at time of closing

Three words: Just. Say. No.

Besides when did it become your job to make their GM happy? It’s *their* job to make *you* happy.
__________________
Rocinante is our 2014 International Signature 27FB
(Named for John Steinbeck's camper from "Travels With Charley")


Rocinante is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:55 PM   #14
Rivet Master
 
2012 19' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrg View Post
We returned to our dealer to sign the papers for our 2018 Globetrotter yesterday (Friday). The finance guy seemed upset that we hadn't purchased cilajet ($1795) sealant, Tyron flat tire protection ($1000), or Portfolio Protection ($4895) mechanical breakdown protection.

When the dealer GM came in, the finance guy told us that the GM wouldn't be happy because the finance guy hand't sold us any add ons. The GM spent the next 30 minutes telling us why we needed there three additions. I was starting to think that maybe we needed more that we had, but held my position.

I'm a data guy, so my response was consistently that I'd go and do my research and then call back if I wanted any additional coverage.

So the questions that I want to ask are:
1. Do folks believe that the additional breakdown warranty is worth it versus paying out of pocket?
2. If the warranty is worth it, which firm? (seems that that Portfolio Protection is not liked by some)
3. celajet was promoted as a way of preventing corrosion and fabric protection - is it worth it? Again, $1795 seemed steep to me.
4. Is tyron really going to help when pulling a two axle trailer? The dudes mentioned that the product will also close the deductable gap should damage occur. My thoughts are that a tire pressure monitoring system might be more valuable.

Thanks! ... Duncan
I always tell them up front I'm not interested. I don't need to hear the schpiel. I can buy new tires and axles for what the coverage costs.
__________________

__________________
Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pitch and road tar Orson Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing 4 09-30-2011 09:09 PM
Cleaning pitch slindgren Cleaning, Stripping & Polishing 2 05-23-2011 03:20 PM
A pitch for the Airstream Park in Minnesota markdoane Airstream "In the News" 14 08-11-2009 04:39 PM
high pitch whining noise.. safari25-05 Tow Vehicles 13 03-21-2008 08:39 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.