Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-28-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quite a deal?

Came across this ad on our local Craigslist .........

Airstream Classic 34ft Slide-Out

I figured the guy had made a mistake and dropped a decimal point in his adverised price in his ad and so emailed him!

I got a reply offering to drop the price even further if I could compete a deal within three days - his reduced price included free military transportation
to the base of my choice from the supposed present location of the trailer at Fort Huachuca in Arizona!

I didn't reply any further - looks like these guys are still out there, but you'd think that they would have a better chance at reeling in a sucker if they advertised a price that was a good deal and yet not too far below a realistic
price!

I tried to contact Craigslist about the ad butccouldn't find a way to do so.

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
St. Albans , Vermont
You can flag these posts in the upper right corner of craigslist.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:13 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2vets View Post
You can flag these posts in the upper right corner of craigslist.
Yes, I did see that and tried at a week or so back, but i see the ad is still there today - maybe I'm wrong - maybe it is legit?! Am I missing a great deal?!
Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Old 11-28-2011, 06:23 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
No, it's not legit. I like to toy with the scammers. Tell him you live right around the corner from the base & can pick it up today!!! He'll have some reason you can't....don't worry, you won't get stuck with it (not that you wouldn't want to be at his price)

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybillrae View Post
No, it's not legit. I like to toy with the scammers. Tell him you live right around the corner from the base & can pick it up today!!! He'll have some reason you can't....don't worry, you won't get stuck with it (not that you wouldn't want to be at his price)
Hi Becky,

I used to do that for fun a few years ago with the Nigerian Scammers.

Used to have great (albeit rather childish!) fun stringing these guys along for many exchanges of emails dreaming up the most outlandish stories - especially after a couple of drinks!

In the end, although it gave me a lot of giggles when I would get their replies, I got a bit fed up with it all - and besides, my good lady wife was developing a phobia about one day finding three large Nigerian chaps showing up at our front door!

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'