Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2019, 05:25 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Kyle , Texas
Pricing Opinions Please!!

Morning...

I cam across a2018 FC 30 RB, 2 AC's, full awning package and a hitch (neg). It's been stored inside and has 5,500 mikes/30 nights use, for $83k which is negotiable.

I think it's attractive...thoughts from the brain trust???

Neil
Hodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Sounds okay to me. Just check the trailer carefully.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:36 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Kingwood , Texas
Have you compared it to similar trailers on the classifieds on this site? There are several that probably match the one that you are looking at. I’ve found that it’s a pretty good place to help with pricing. The private sellers and business ads are notated also.
DoubleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:10 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
The price is not ridiculous but I think I'd start at $75k. Look at Colonial Airstreams site, if you take their MSRP and subtract 18%, that will tell you roughly what they would sell you a new one for. Then another 10 percent off that will give you a good idea of what the market should bear.

Remember the tax man will add another chunk. I can't speak for Texas but in Florida it is 6.5%
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:52 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
2018 fc 30

We were at the Tampa RV show week and a half ago. RV One (dealer that has the AS exhibit at the show) had a used 2018 FC 30 RBQ at there dealership 15 minutes from the Fairgrounds, We looked at it and it had been used maybe one time. Oven/Range not used. Looked in "as new" condition. We were quoted $68,500.00!!!! Yes, you read that correctly. That was out the door price not including state tax. We live in N.C. where it is 3%. We passed only because we are not quite ready to put an AS at Land Yacht Harbor in Melbourne, Florida. We will probably regret not jumping on it. I would try to get the price down a bit on the one your looking at.

If you are in the Tampa area, take a trip to the brand new RV One dealership off of I-4 just a few miles east of I-75. Fantastic facility.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:00 PM   #6
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Pricing Opinions Please!!

Price is at least $10k too high.

I paid less than $83k for a new 30’ 2017 international serenity with zero miles and full warranty. That price is 15% + too high. High 60s / very low 70s is about right for an ‘18 30’ international under private sale. Buying a used 2018 from a dealer vs private seller literally adds no value - they are simply flipping the trade and the trailer is under full warranty still. (Note - I assume it’s an international based on price offered - if it’s a classic let me know because I’ll buy it and short sell it for a tidy profit [emoji4]

If it’s a private sale, remind the seller that recouping sales tax and registration fees ain’t gonna fly [emoji4] many private sellers are simply not astute enough to price it at market or understand how negotiations work and the correct bounds to operate within. Or they don’t need to sell and will wait on a less savvy buyer who falls in love and is willing to spend more.

If it’s a dealer, well, you can negotiate (I wrote a long post on negotiating for a win-win on airforums somewhere) but they will need to turn a profit on the trade value, so they may not get to where you need / want to be and will simply end up selling to a less savvy customer for higher margin and price point. All depends if they want to move it or not and what the front-end trade profit was (assuming it’s a trade vs rental try before you buy unit)
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote