Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-20-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
Rivet Master
 
Mrjkq's Avatar
 
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 982
No price increase on my 2016 flying cloud

I called my dealer this morning to see if they might be able to pin point my delivery week in June. She said she'll find out what she could & get back to soon. I mentioned to her that the 5% increase in price on the new 2016 units was pretty hefty. Her comment was something like they as a dealership have no control over that BUT "you don't have to worry about it" because we guaranteed your price when you placed your order in early April, the contract price is your final price.
Well, well, Christmas comes early this year in the form of over $3,000 just saved!
Just in case anyone is saying he must have paid to much in the first place, I got the usual just under 20% off list price back in April.
__________________

__________________
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
AWCHIEF's Avatar
 
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,136
Images: 33
Good deal, enjoy the anticipation.
__________________

__________________
MICHAEL

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Hans627's Avatar

 
2009 25' FB International
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjkq View Post
I called my dealer this morning to see if they might be able to pin point my delivery week in June. She said she'll find out what she could & get back to soon. I mentioned to her that the 5% increase in price on the new 2016 units was pretty hefty. Her comment was something like they as a dealership have no control over that BUT "you don't have to worry about it" because we guaranteed your price when you placed your order in early April, the contract price is your final price.
Well, well, Christmas comes early this year in the form of over $3,000 just saved!
Just in case anyone is saying he must have paid to much in the first place, I got the usual just under 20% off list price back in April.
Christmas did come early. That is great news. Just curious, who is your dealer?
__________________
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
Mrjkq's Avatar
 
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
Christmas did come early. That is great news. Just curious, who is your dealer?
Don't want to public post it as other good dealers are out there. My email is mrjkq@icloud.com. Send your request there & BTW my dealer is close to Pa.
Joe
__________________
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:58 AM   #5
TinCan
 
graysailor's Avatar

 
2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 798
Good to hear. I think they all are a bit over priced but I guess supply and demand dictates that equation.
__________________
TinCan
graysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:01 PM   #6
Moderator
 
jcanavera's Avatar

 
2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,002
Images: 143
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I wouldn't doubt that the factory may have had similar policies with dealers offering a 2015 price for 2016's if the order came in by a certain date. It's all a matter of timing and I'm sure your dealer isn't eating the cost increase. Glad you were able to save the $$. 20% off list is a good deal.

Jack
__________________
Jack Canavera
STL Mo.
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:44 PM   #7
Rivet Master
 
Mrjkq's Avatar
 
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera View Post
I wouldn't doubt that the factory may have had similar policies with dealers offering a 2015 price for 2016's if the order came in by a certain date. It's all a matter of timing and I'm sure your dealer isn't eating the cost increase. Glad you were able to save the $$. 20% off list is a good deal.

Jack
I agree Jack, that 2015 price represents over $3000.00 savings & brings the total markdown to just shy of 22%. AIRSTREAM, I'm sure had some dealer incentives out there. The most amazing part of this whole process is they had a 2015 in stock, same model 25FC rear twin beds, convection oven, inverter and the cream colored leather furniture they were trying to sell me for $63,289.00, that represented 19% off sticker. I refused it because I wanted the black ultra leather plus the awning package & deleted the convection oven as my wife prefers the electric oven & regular microwave already included. So now I'll have the 2016 the way I want it for a total upcharge of $696.00. I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but they have my deposit & I have a signed contract. So far so good!
__________________
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #8
Rivet Master
 
mefly2's Avatar
 
2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,283
Great ...GREAT ... deal!
__________________

__________________
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 AlumaFandango 9/20-25/2016 Glenritas Other Rallies & Events 14 09-26-2016 10:40 AM
Flying Cloud-2016 Changes??? thebreezeman 2016 - Current Flying Cloud 9 05-01-2015 12:42 AM
Another Price Increase??? Mike Lewis Trailer Values 4 03-13-2006 07:35 PM
Airstream's 25% Price Increase In Past 2 Years flyfisher Trailer Values 22 01-27-2006 11:39 AM
Parts price increase. Inland RV Center, In Our Community 1 07-23-2003 09:33 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.