Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-28-2018, 11:20 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Rochester , New York
MSRP discount in Spring for 25 Flying Cloud

I've read through some past threads on possible discounts for new airstreams of 15-20% off of MSRP, but this was mostly for people at the end of the year I believe. Does anyone have any experience of the discount that I can get in this current season/month. This is probably not the best time I would assume, what is reasonable to expect? I am looking for a 25 Flying Cloud FB.

Thanks in advance for any tips.
airwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:33 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
You seem to have your finger on the pulse of the market at this time of year. It all boils down to supply and demand at the very moment when you are ready to strike the deal IMO. Seasonal factors are less important than the eagerness of the sales rep to sell.

Not sure if you want to drive to Colonial AS in NJ, but they have an incredible selection, and knowledgeable staff. We have used Patrick Botticelli, but everyone there is good.

https://www.colonialairstream.com/
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/colonialairstream

You can set up everything by email, and check their site for new/used models you might want. Spending time in each one is very much encouraged, and they are used to people coming in for research alone, without expecting to buy one at that time.

At least make contact, as this time of year is active with used models being traded in.

Good luck!

Peter

PS -- 20% off MSRP is a good starting point for discussion, no matter what time of year IMO.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:28 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Rochester , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
You seem to have your finger on the pulse of the market at this time of year. It all boils down to supply and demand at the very moment when you are ready to strike the deal IMO. Seasonal factors are less important than the eagerness of the sales rep to sell.

Not sure if you want to drive to Colonial AS in NJ, but they have an incredible selection, and knowledgeable staff. We have used Patrick Botticelli, but everyone there is good.

https://www.colonialairstream.com/
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/colonialairstream

You can set up everything by email, and check their site for new/used models you might want. Spending time in each one is very much encouraged, and they are used to people coming in for research alone, without expecting to buy one at that time.

At least make contact, as this time of year is active with used models being traded in.

Good luck!

Peter

PS -- 20% off MSRP is a good starting point for discussion, no matter what time of year IMO.
Peter, just wanted to say thanks for your recommendations. I would actually drive up to Colonial in NJ, but I am actually looking to purchase from the west coast because I am planning to start a trip from there (just the way it happened). I am hoping there is a "Colonial" on the west coast, but am going to start connecting with Seattle Airstream first as it will be roughly where I would be starting. I am going to give your tip a try and start out with 20% as a discussion. Shopping officially starts next week!
airwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:01 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Cave Creek , Arizona
Inland/Orange County Airstream (same owner, different locations) is in LA and will price the same as Colonial. They also opened a Vegas location - not sure if they will price the same
Pete B55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwanderer View Post
Peter, just wanted to say thanks for your recommendations. I would actually drive up to Colonial in NJ, but I am actually looking to purchase from the west coast because I am planning to start a trip from there (just the way it happened). I am hoping there is a "Colonial" on the west coast, but am going to start connecting with Seattle Airstream first as it will be roughly where I would be starting. I am going to give your tip a try and start out with 20% as a discussion. Shopping officially starts next week!
Sounds like a good plan! One thought, which you have probably thought of already, is not to frame the discussion with the limitation that you have to buy a trailer there as part of your overall plan. You know, don't tip your hat in this direction, as the sales person will figure he or she has you "hooked" from the git go.

"Just shopping and may go back home to think things over" . . . don't you know . . .

Good luck!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Boise , Idaho
Percentage off MSRP

Curious on any recent results. We are trying to purchase a 2019 Tommy Bahama 27 foot and trading in a 19 foot TB. Does a trade in lower the percentage
SharonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:24 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Trade in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonF View Post
Curious on any recent results. We are trying to purchase a 2019 Tommy Bahama 27 foot and trading in a 19 foot TB. Does a trade in lower the percentage
When you insert a trade into the deal it really clouds the waters. when you go shopping, do not indicate that you are trading in. Negotiate the best price on your new Airstream up front. 15 to 20% off of MSRP is in the ballpark. Only after you have negotiated your total out the door price should you go down the "oh, by the way, I might trade in my....whatever. Then, and only then, will you find the true trade in value of your current Airstream. Dealers love it when someone comes in and lays all the cards on the table for them up front. It makes "Stealing the Trade" very easy. Yes, I have worked at several auto dealerships and have sat in more than one Monday morning sales meeting listening to the latest story of how badly a salesperson stuck it to someone. Just the way it is. We purchased from Colonial Airstream, straight no trade in deal. 20% off MSRP. Took all of 5 minutes on the phone with Nick. Great deal, easy to deal with, great delivery. I recommend them.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:37 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Boise , Idaho
Thanks!!
SharonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:10 PM   #9

2004 25' International CCD
Newport Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonF View Post
Hi Sharon,

I have 2004 International 25ft., and I'm looking for something smaller. I know that when you trade in your Airstream at the dealer, they usually give you a much less than what it’s worth.

How much would you sell your 19 footer for? I'm in CA, but my fiancée and I drive to Twin Falls once in a while to visit family there.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Cheers!
danielon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:49 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Marana , Arizona
I purchased a new 2018 FC/FB w/twin ACs and awning package three weeks ago (with a cash offer) locally. Got 19% off sticker plus an Equalizer hitch. Best of luck to you.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote