Old 02-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Too late now

Alright, it's a done deal! New 30' Flying Cloud on the way... We didn't do the second A/C unit, simply because we rarely have camping weather that's above 80 degrees and most of our campsites that we frequent are shaded.

We did get the solar package and inverter system, as well as the bedroom TV, but the dealer is installing the TV after the delivery so we can get a 26" rather than a 22" and do it cheaper. Who would want to go camping with less than a 26" TV anyway?!?!

Old 02-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #30
1 Rivet Member

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Costa Mesa , California
Talking 2012 30' Flying Cloud

We love ours. We bought it in August and took it to Death Valley and Borrego Springs in August. We had a solar panel installed and it works great. It is a dream come true!

Old 02-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
SandraB, good to hear. Anything to be aware of so that we don't break something or do anything wrong? What's the best and worst of it?
Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #32
1 Rivet Member

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Costa Mesa , California
The best things are the size and cupboard space. The booth, sofa and bed are very comfortable. Bathroom is spacious. LED lighting with dimmer is great. We get better gas milage on our 30' Airstream than our 21' SOB trailer. We also love the design.

We have had a few warranty issues. We had a leak in the heat pump and the thermostat didn't work. The monitoring system for the water was defective. I don't like the light wood-look flooring because it has grooves that dirt gets into and doesn't come out when you sweep. I will replace that eventually. The blinds don't cover the sides of the windows and people can see onto the bed at night. I will make valances as soon as I figure out a good design. The funniest problem that we had was that the gray and black water labels were reversed. We almost did a sewer flush with the black water closed.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Thats great stuff to know. I'm already making a list of stuff to double check, and the status meter for water tanks is already on it! Thank you for your help... I will check the labels on black/grey water tanks, and the bedroom blinds especially.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Flying Cloud
Arvada , Colorado
Interesting that like Sandra B, our grey and black external labels were reversed. No problem in having Airstream send me a new set. A couple of other warranty issues included a crimped line that very much slowed down the external water tank valve. Our monitor system needed to be re-calibrated and the was leak (due to a loose fitting) at the sink water filter.

We absolutely love the extra storage, the larger bath, and the room at the front. The three feet over our earlier 28 foot seems like thirty. The sofa is very comfortable and adding two ottomans have really made a difference.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
convection oven

After using our microwave/convection combo under the stovetop, I have to say it's awkward and the damn thing has apopcorn button ot yet it won't make popcorn. Whats up with that? I do like the bedroom TV though. I like tolay in bed at nite and watch the news. Love the trailer though. Two years to work out all the bugs. I wonder if this Sharp microwave convection is just defective. Thanks guys
Dan
Old 02-24-2012, 06:13 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
saline , Michigan
You need a degree in engineering to make that stupid thing make anything other than making the chef angry. We took ours out and put in a simple microwave in the cabinet above the stovetop and a toaster oven below.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
We had a convection microwave in our 22 Sport, and it worked very well, but can't say what brand it was. My wife is like Martha Stewart with a microwave (although she hasn't done any jail time yet ) and we have had some pretty nice meals on the road.

If you can't get that thing to make popcorn, I'd get rid of it. That's the primary function of a microwave, isn't it?