Old 09-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Hernando , Mississippi
It's just too bad that everyone didn't buy their airstream from the "hat" in Arkansas!
Thanks for the input "g".

Fully retired now!
Remember:
Never start anything before noon and always plan on being finished by 5.
I will never HAVE to be anywhere ever again!
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #16
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Thanks Scott but it is not just us...there are several dealers that will work on other units...but the ones that don't just really stick out and sometimes give all dealers a bad rap.

There are several out there that really do LOVE the product they sell and try to stand behind it with good service and parts department.

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #17
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog1
Thanks Scott but it is not just us...there are several dealers that will work on other units...but the ones that don't just really stick out and sometimes give all dealers a bad rap.

There are several out there that really do LOVE the product they sell and try to stand behind it with good service and parts department.

G
I've been tied up in meetings all morning since I called JC. As you all have found out, JC does have an eye on the forums and they do look out for their Airstream owners. I haven't heard from Donna or anyone else from the dealership I took my trailer to. They may have left a message on my home number despite having my cell number and me giving instructions that that was the best way to get in touch with me. Anyway, I feel much better after talking to JC and feel that the situation should get resolved. Thanks JP.

My guess is that the wrong cover plate was installed at the factory and the one with the jumper connections needs to be installed with the appropriate junctions behind it. The customer service rep I spoke to at JC told me the whole process should take about 15 minutes. I'm sure that is an estimate, but that sounds a lot less invasive than rewiring the trailer from stem to stern.

You are right Airhog1 I think there are dealers that just sell Airstreams as another product line on their lots and I think there are dealers that really stand behind "the Cadillac of camping trailers". I truly believe the dealer I bought my Airstream from was one of the latter and was worth the 250+ mile trip to buy from and I have recommended him to others. I hope dealers like you and he are around for a long time so that other future Airstreamers can get the quality service with the quality product that we all love.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #18
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
The new Airstream website is up!

I just toddled over to the website for Airstream, and it now has the new stuff, completely redone.
I'll post this over on the website thread, too, if it hasn't been already.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Murphy's Law Collorary: Minimum Hassle Factor

Generally speaking, in dealing with any service business (and Airstream Dealers and RV repair are no exception) I expect what I am told will be done and when it will be done has little relationship to the final outcome.

My pet peev of the moment:
Not to name names but after I took 15 minutes to explain my problem to the only Albuquerque Airstream dealer, I believe the only New Mexico Airstream Dealer, and making a service appointment I was politely but curtly told "I'm sorry sir but we don't work on any unit more than 15 years old.

Tangetially, Garden of the Gods RV Park in Colorado Springs will not let a Airstream more than 15 years old in their park. No matter how shiney.

I think there is a policy once they have your coach and/or your $ if they hassle you enough you will just go away! I have found persistant whining is about the only workable solution.

Is this vintage aluminum discrimation or what Don't mess with me I'm a cowboy from the Bronx!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:09 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Owings Mills , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall
Tangetially, Garden of the Gods RV Park in Colorado Springs will not let a Airstream more than 15 years old in their park. No matter how shiney.
Hmmmmm. The only time I stayed there it was for a Rocky Mountain VAC Rally. Around 70 Airstreams older than 15 years. I see the prohibition on their "rates" page. I wonder if they have changed or made an exception for the rally?
Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall
Is this vintage aluminum discrimation or what Don't mess with me I'm a cowboy from the Bronx!
really!? me too, where abouts?
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:16 PM   #22
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I'd just say that mine is a 199x, depending on the current year, when I registered.

Pat