Old 10-10-2016, 09:44 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
Good experience at Inland RV

Last January when passing through Corona, CA, I stopped at Inland RV to get some items including grease seals to use upon returning to our Northern California home in June. The nice lady behind the counter gave me the wrong seals, so I had to purchase the correct ones in Sacramento (a 35 mile round trip) in June when I repacked the wheel bearings.
This morning our path took us through Corona, so I stopped at Inland to see what could be done. Andy traded the wrong seals for the correct ones so I will be ready for my next repack. He then issued a very generous store credit for my trouble. Andy also gave us a small gift.
Over the years I have purchase many items from axles to step parts from Andy, always being treated fairly.

Thank you Andy.

Past President, El Camino Real Unit WBCCI#6620
Street Rod Builder (see avatar)
Kite flier (check out links below)
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1_U2XQ0bI
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:52 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Warren , Manitoba
I have had great service from Andy and the staff at Inland. They have shipped parts to me direct to Canada, to friends just across the border in North Dakota, and to the repair shop in South Dakota when I broke an axle. Advice and information is top notch and the prices are good. Thank you Andy!!! Chris

WBCCI #7394
2002 Chev 2500 HD Duramax
1976 31' Gone but fondly remembered
CBWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:58 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
I have always enjoyed working with Andy. When I had my 1966 Airstream, he coordinated selling and shipping of the new axle to me and was very professional and prompt. I have purchased parts from Inland over the years and do recommend them. I miss his quips and quotes on the Forum though.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:42 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
We have also stopped at Andy's in Corona several times and purchased and picked up things. Good experiences. When we bought a wrong shaped exterior roof fridge vent Andy allowed us to return it on the next trip with store credit.

He also directed us to Spruce Aircraft a couple of doors down when he was out of cleco's. We had heard of them but didn't realize they were a few doors down. That was a fun store also.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:19 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Spartanburg , South Carolina
I have had several good experiences with Inland. By accident I discovered that some other parts dealers will sell out of Inland stock, with a significant mark-up, things you can buy at a lower price direct from Inland. Also, I bough two Dexter Axles for our '67 Overlander and got exactly what I needed in a very short delivery time. Andy arranged free delivery through a local (western NC) Dexter distributor by the name of Red Neck Trailer Supply.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #6
Richard

2006 30' Classic S/O
Merced , California
Andy is a cool guy. Next time your in there ask him how to decide on what weight hitch bars. Listen and learn. Lots of bad info out there on that subject.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2000 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Goodyear , and Denver, Colorado
Terrific! My experience with Inland was not as good. The ladies I worked with were wonderful. But when I had to return un wrapped several storage compartment locks, I was charged a steep return fee plus shipping from Airstream & only was allowed to purchase other items to the amount adjusted for a return.
The locks were not direct replacements but required sheet metal cutting to fit the newly designed lock. This was never explained to me. No, I am not a fan of Inland.

Dr. Lou De Carolis
Old 10-12-2016, 09:56 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
St. Michaels , Maryland
Everything will be great until you pay and the wrong parts arrive. Not a fan. He has trouble fixing his own mistakes. I'm sure he's a good guy outside of the business but geeze. No bueno.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #9
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
Glad to hear Andy is still at it. His knowledge is unmatched on Airstream construction. Met him with my dad in 2003 and he was nice to us.

68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote