Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
Too bad that a great Airstream refurbishing company has a link....marketing only....they are fine. Find an owner/seller and deal direct.
My understanding is that the restoration company no longer uses the marketing services of that website.

It is also my understanding that many of the trailers shown on the site have long been sold. It is helpful to keep those pictures up as a reference (Colonial Airstream does the same). But it would seem to be better to mark them as sold rather than give the impression that they are still available.

Tom
Old 08-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #22
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
IMHO, anyone who files an ethics grievance with the WBCCI is by definition "suspect".

That process as used within the WBCCI is used as a means to silence anyone who disagrees with incompetent management. In this most recent case, the means by which the WBCCI forum was acquired was described in very clear terms and Mr. Vintage complained about the light being shone in his direction.

Pat
Old 08-30-2009, 04:02 AM   #23
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
The thread is: "Ever bought from Vintage-Airstream.com?"
But reading this you would think it is "was Greg the grievance filler" or "is the WBCCI making a fool of it's self (AGAIN) by letting someone else manage it's forum"
Someone is looking to buy a trailer and they are considering Vintage-Airstream.com. Maybe politics could take a back seat for just one thread.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #24

1989 34' Excella
wellington , north island
geotec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezibels View Post
Has anyone ever purchased a vintage Airstream from
vintage - airstream dot com ?

I'm looking for a fully restored 1960's model and I found one there that I like, except it is in NC, I am in Chicago. They advertise shipping anywhere in the World, does anyone have experience with purchasing and shipping long distance?

Thanks guys!
Yes we have; and had it shipped to New Zealand. We are happy with our purchase, true to advertising but he left the manuals out before shipping and has refused to post them to us even though we offered to pay extra. My advice is to get him to arrange shipping for you as we arranged ours then the responsibility is still his until it reaches your door. We have found that this person will abdacate his responsonsibilities if given an opportunity but he does find and service top end vintage airstreams. Overall it wasn't a pleasant purchase experience but we are along way from the USA and you will have alot more control buying in your own country.
Just to add i offered to fly over and collect the manuals which were part of the package and he threatened to SHOOT me if i trespassed onto his property!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #25
Not your average Tiki

1968 26' Overlander
Columbia , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotec View Post
Yes we have; and had it shipped to New Zealand.
Wow GEOTEC, an Airstream in NZ that sounds like a great combo! We were in NZ in May and stayed around Rotorua. I imagine NZ would be a great country to Airstream in!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Personal character shows itself when no one is looking. Character matters when you are selecting people to do business with. Doing business with local people you know and they have a reason to believe you might do further business with them, helps you make good business decisions.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Chicago , Illinois
Thumbs up You guys are the best.

I have to say all of you who contribute your time to help us newbies, are the greatest! Thank you for all you do! We still have not shot the dart but will this spring.
We have broadened our criteria, big time!

We have included late models also in our search!
Old 09-06-2009, 12:01 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Malibu , California
Please we have volunteers to check out trailers maybe you can find one here. also you must see it in person and check out that everything really works.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:49 PM   #29
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Problem deal in Europe

INTERNET AMERICA FROM swindler kept Blerick NOT REALIZING HER DREAM

http://www.rouweelseveld.nl/media/airstream.pdf
and translated...
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.rouweelseveld.nl/media/airstream.pdf&ei=5CXASqatKYu0sgO9lPVL&sa=X&oi=tran slate&resnum=10&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522gregory%2Bgibson%2522%2Bnorth%2B carolina%2Bairstream%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26sa%3DG

Closed Thread