Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Thibodaux , Louisiana
Eddie Bauer or another?

I really like the 27 ft Eddie Bauer, and think that it would go well with my lifestyle. Scuba diving, fishing etc. I really don't know much about travel trailers and was wondering what the difference is between models. What should I get for options? There are no dealers in Louisiana, so who should I buy from, and stay away from?
scubachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:43 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubachris
I really like the 27 ft Eddie Bower, and think that it would go well with my lifestyle. Scuba diving, fishing etc. I really don't know much about travel trailers and was wondering what the difference is between models. What should I get for options? There are no dealers in Louisiana, so who should I buy from, and stay away from?
I didn't know they made a 27' Eddie Bauer, I thought they were all 25'.
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:14 AM   #3

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
They are offering the 27' this year. It looks nice!
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Scubachris,
I think Airstream of Mississippi has an Eddie Bower in stock. I stopped by the dealership Saturday and understand it was in a local RV and Boat show so I didn't actually see it.

I really like the layout, it's much better than the now defunct 34' toy hauler efforts a few years ago.
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Denver , Colorado
Hi, we are shopping the US right now also. Since I have been doing research and getting quotes from several nationwide delearships and done alot of homework, you should check out these two dealerships: www.canamrv.ca ask for Andy Thomson/John Watterton. Tell them Anna from Denver sent you. Andy Thomson is the most knowledgable person in the industry for towing. He really knows his stuff and is so willing to assist with advise in all aspects of RV'ing. He writes a column for Airstream Life magazine each month. The guy is genius. Also, check out www.colonialairstream.com, Lauren or Patrick Botticelli. If you read some of my recent posts on this forum, you will learn alot about what "extra's" you should consider et al. This forum has been a God send to me. I'm doing tons of research before purchasing. I want to know exactly what I'm getting into before even ordering this AS. We are looking at a 30' International Serenity. Good luck. Anna
WBCCI #4846, WBCCI DenCO Unit
Air #62992
Travel Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We planned to buy new 25' EB until we actually tried out the functions. The table is unstable in position, and is extremely inconvenient to set up and store. The seating is not as versatile or comfortable as the standard models. There is less storage. Would you really want to shove kayaks and bicycles in there next to your nicely finished cabinets? And all this offers nothing you can't put in a pickup tow vehicle.

We chose a loaded with all the options (solar pkg, inverter, awnings, etc) Flying Cloud 25B and it was still $4,000 less than the EB.

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #7

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

Both the 25FB and the 27FB are great floor plans and are very livable. The Eddie Bauer Airstream is really cool, but I'm afraid that converting the dinette back and forth would become a pain.

We carry a 14 foot tandem kayak on the roof of our Suburban tow vehicle. This works very well for us. We have a 25FB that we have used extensively (994 nights/90,000 miles). We have had a lot of fun with our Airstream.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00354.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	151106  
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Thibodaux , Louisiana
Thanks y'all. I am going to look at a couple when I get home. This will be one of the largest purchases I have made so I am leery about not getting the right purchase for my money. I guess I really need to go kick the tires, but I do not want to deal with some shady TT dealer.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
Short Gal with a Big F250

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Dallas , Texas
I got the 2012 25' Eddie Bauer back in July - and I absolutely love it. The table is a bit of a pain, but opening up the back hatch to the lake or river and eating with the back door open or tailgating out the back is pretty awesome. It does have less storage, but we got creative with how we utilize the under seat storage and have ample room for stuff. I have a Vespa that I am going to be rolling up into the back of the trailer and transporting inside - and that alone made this the perfect camper for me. For kayaks and stuff, there are heavy duty tie downs all along the back half of the trailer along the floor - so the equipment will not shift around in transit. I love the layout of the 25' - it's perfect for me. And the length is great for most any campground. Also a good layout for my 2 large dogs that travel with me - and the floor tie downs are great for leashing the dogs when the back hatch is open. If you do go with the Eddie Bauer - you might consider getting solar panels and the convection oven. I did not, and now wish I had. Definitely call Andy and Colonial - I spoke to both extensively in my search and they were awesome. Get prices from at least 4 dealers and work the deal between them all - it really paid off for me to do it that way. Good luck! And holler if you have any Eddie Bauer questions.

Please spay and neuter your pets. And ADOPT, don't buy a critter. They are counting on us to do the right thing.
Pinky65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Pinky . . . , I can see the good uses for the open hatch idea, particularly for weekends and destination vacations.

That may be a distinction that separates users.

We are retired and travel for months at a time, often stopping for a night's rest. If the trailer is loaded with gear, how do we use the kitchen/dinette/living area, or even access the bedroom without unloading?

If we were a working family using the trailer mostly for weekends at the lake, or a vacation to the nearby mountains, it would be quite handy to have this space to bring our gear along and unload it when we arrive.

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Thibodaux , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky65 View Post
I got the 2012 25' Eddie Bauer back in July - and I absolutely love it. The table is a bit of a pain, but opening up the back hatch to the lake or river and eating with the back door open or tailgating out the back is pretty awesome. It does have less storage, but we got creative with how we utilize the under seat storage and have ample room for stuff. I have a Vespa that I am going to be rolling up into the back of the trailer and transporting inside - and that alone made this the perfect camper for me. For kayaks and stuff, there are heavy duty tie downs all along the back half of the trailer along the floor - so the equipment will not shift around in transit. I love the layout of the 25' - it's perfect for me. And the length is great for most any campground. Also a good layout for my 2 large dogs that travel with me - and the floor tie downs are great for leashing the dogs when the back hatch is open. If you do go with the Eddie Bauer - you might consider getting solar panels and the convection oven. I did not, and now wish I had. Definitely call Andy and Colonial - I spoke to both extensively in my search and they were awesome. Get prices from at least 4 dealers and work the deal between them all - it really paid off for me to do it that way. Good luck! And holler if you have any Eddie Bauer questions.
I think what sold me on it was the back hatch. That has got to be the coolest feature. I appreciate the info because it seems not a lot of people have one.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:11 AM   #12
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
And all this offers nothing you can't put in a pickup tow vehicle.
Well, not quite. I'm interested, specifically, in taking our Hobie Tandem Island sailing trimaran along. It's 18 ft. long.
What kind of pickup truck bed do you have?