Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Current Dealerships/Service

Things seem to change at a rapid pace these days with Airstream dealers and service centers going out of business or loosing key personel.
So what are the dealerships that are outstanding in your mind for the best place to get service work, or parts from, besides Jackson Center?
I've read several stories of places that people have taken there trailers in for repair and have shoddy work done or else someone bought a new trailer only to find out that they have been swindled.
I'd like to keep this positive and only list the good or very good shops to deal with. So when any of us travel around from state to state we know where to have work done when needed.
Just list someplace that you have been to in the last year or so, otherwise, it's all outdated info.
Thanks in advance!
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
_

. , .
there are well over 100 threads SPECIFICALLY related to...

finding/reporting about regional locations for service, warranty work, the best D'ships and so on....

so SEARCH using the "S" word in the TITLES only and about 100 threads will appear.

typically these threads also include the state or region but will still get you EXACTLY the info needed.

or SEARCH using the "D" word in the titles only and again 20-30 threads.

yes, many of these POSITIVE REPORTS are 2, 3 or 4 years old, but MANY of those reports are STILL useful

and as noted in the o.p. IF key personnel LEAVE, then most previous testimonials become Irrelevant

EVEN if the testimonial was posted recently,

so the older reports are JUST as useful as the recent reports.

IF traveling, one is largely at the mercy of the closest a/s d'ship for warranty work.

and a FEW S only shops that still have factory approval and are WILLING to do the warranty paperwork.

contact the factory when on the road and they will provide u with the 3-5 D/S centers nearby.

as the pool of D'ships shrinks the options for good warranty work do to.

folks start threads like this ALL of the time hope'n for some master list of top shops...

and 3 things happen....

1. negative reports eventually overwhelm the positives (that goes with THIS turf)

2. ONE shop jumps in and preaches about how THEIR work is perfect or how OTHERS should do things...

3. owners of OLD trailers suggest BUYing an old trailer, cuze they r better and u can fix it you self...

imo #2 above is the most annoying,

since the few shops that BRAG here,

also have LOTS of unhappy customers, but those reports get deleted from viewing/reading...

has ANYONE noticed that the TOP SHOPS for warranty work don't BRAG about themselves here?

and the best places for warranty work or service don't KNOCK other shops at the first chance?

living in texas? u have 4-6 sensible options within 500-700 miles for good warranty work...

with a couple more that frequently receive NEGATIVE grades...

and they've all been mentioned several times in several places.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Las Vegas , Nevada
Here in LV, NV, our AS Dealer is named Pat Clark Custom Haulers & Trailers. Loren Swartz is Service Manager and his # is 702-431-0105. I've had alot of dealings with Loren and highly recommend him.

We also have Double Eagle RV, not AS specific, they are a Mom-Pop type place with alot of RV parts in general and complete service center. My dealings with them have been limited to misc. parts/supplies and they have always been more than fair with me. Their # is 702-458-4700, Tom or Cathy
345bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #4
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Airstream Airport

Airstream Airport

Colonial Airstream - Airstream Travel Trailer, Safari, SE, International Signature, Ocean Breeze, Classic Limited, Interstate, Flying Cloud

The only ones I can comment on directly...we have no dealers in NYS
Old 03-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
There are alot of SOB shops out there that can do the repair or possibly warranty work..The problem with this is that JC will only sell the parts to a certified AS dealer. I found this out when I wanted to have my previous AS serviced and the non AS shop had to locate a AS dealer to supply the parts.
Maybe JC should relax their policy and make parts more readily available other dealers so us the customer wouldn't have to travel so far for service.
Airstream dealers are not like convience stores with one on every corner.
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtandem View Post
There are alot of SOB shops out there that can do the repair or possibly warranty work..The problem with this is that JC will only sell the parts to a certified AS dealer. I found this out when I wanted to have my previous AS serviced and the non AS shop had to locate a AS dealer to supply the parts.
Maybe JC should relax their policy and make parts more readily available other dealers so us the customer wouldn't have to travel so far for service.
Airstream dealers are not like convience stores with one on every corner.
It won't happen, at least not the way you envision it.
What your posts suggests is like Ford selling Chevrolet parts.
A slightly better solution might be to allow Thor-affiliated dealers to special-order parts for Airstreams.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Beautiful , Oregon
We don't even own an AS yet but we have heard good things about and recently visited George M Sutton RV George M. Sutton RV | RV Sales, RV Service, RV Parts, RV Accessories in Eugene, Oregon 2400 West 7th Avenue Eugene, OR 97402-7604 (541) 686-6296 In our hour or so there we felt well treated and walked away with a good feeling. Tony
Tony S is offline   Reply With Quote