Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
2014 30' Flying Cloud
Los alamos , New Mexico
Couch or Recliners in 30ft

We have an option of either Recliners or Couch in a 30ft.? For those of you that have a couch in front on a 30ft given the choice back when you purchased it, would you have considered the Recliners knowing how you have used your floor plan. Of consideration is the possibility of using the couch as a quest bed and some storage versus comfort on the Recliners. Appreciate any thoughts on this as I see folks changing out the 25/27FB dinette configuration with recliners.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Spring Hill , Florida
Well, Luigi, we faced a similar choice and were leaning towards recliners. Then, I asked: "Where does the dog sit/sleep?" So, we bought a La-Z-Boy love seat with side by side recliners. Much of the lost storage was replaced by a three drawer chest. We are full timers and wore out our first love seat. We bought our second one this past Winter in Elephant Butte, New Mexico. Can't worry about the possibility of over-night guests. Day in - day out comfort is a requirement.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Wildwood , Missouri
Recliners. You might give up some storage, but add more room. I bought one of those brown faux leather storage boxes that doubles as an ottoman and it works great.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We bought the 25' knowing the bench seats are lousy for comfort, but unfortunately there is no other choice with 25' - 27' models. We are 1/2 time and soon confirmed they are lousy seating so are in process of installing recliners. The 30' FC/Int'l has the same "couch" bench seat construction as ours.

I ordered the same recliner from Villa international as used in the 30' Airstream option. They are comfortable, and also have the footrest that folds up under the seat and out of the way.

Guests are unlikely to sleep in our trailer, family can use a tent or motel, and the dog can sleep on the floor. There is never enough storage for all the possibilities, you really need less possibilities.

doug
Old 09-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
We have the recliners in our 2012, 30 flying cloud (two people-two dogs). Wanted them from the start and worked our sale with a more distant dealer who had a unit in stock with them installed. You have more floor space and that's actually better for our two dogs. They curl up beside and behind the chairs which keeps them from under foot. Very comfortable--my spot watching TV and or the wife fixing dinner. There is a nice fold out table on the street side for desk or games. There's a little cabinet with fold out shelf between the two that is very useful. I installed a 1200 watt inverter inside for coffee maker when boon docking or spending the night at Walmart. You do loose storage and that must be your consideration. We were concerned with storage/shelving for clothes. So, I installed Container Store sliding units in 1/2 of the wardrobe. See below:

FYI, The container store has the "elfa easy glider" storage systems of slide frames and storage bins that work beautifully in the 30 foot Wardrobe. We wanted more well organized shelf/bin space and less hanging locker. We used the 21 inch drawers below and two 17 inch one runner drawers above the existing shelf. The 41 inch runner frame works below and provides 5 two runner drawers. Modify a 4 runner frame to a two runner frame for the upper small drawers and you have great drawer storage in 1/2 the wardrobe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0744.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	195372  
Old 09-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
2014 30' Flying Cloud
Los alamos , New Mexico
I called the dealer and ordered the Expresso Recliners, thanks every one. Should be a nice match with the dark counters on the Flying cloud.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ponce Inlet , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard L. View Post
FYI, The container store has the "elfa easy glider" storage systems of slide frames and storage bins that work beautifully in the 30 foot Wardrobe. We wanted more well organized shelf/bin space and less hanging locker. We used the 21 inch drawers below and two 17 inch one runner drawers above the existing shelf. The 41 inch runner frame works below and provides 5 two runner drawers. Modify a 4 runner frame to a two runner frame for the upper small drawers and you have great drawer storage in 1/2 the wardrobe.
I wanted to thank you for this idea (and post). We installed the elfa drawers today in our closet. Just need to buy 2 small drawers for the top. They're going to be great!. We had to remove the door and the hardware to get it in.

For anyone else that wants these drawers, "elfa" is on sale 30% off at the Container Store.

Wanted to add a picture of our closet, but I don't think I have enough posts to do that.