Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Columbus , Ohio
My wife and I went through the same decision making. We were leaning one way but then in the end we went the other way. We found out very quickly what we wanted as soon as we started going inside these trailers and stopped looking at pictures. I guess being inside them made it a lot easier to visualize how we would enjoy them and what we prefer.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Columbus , Ohio
My wife and I went through the same decision making. We were leaning one way but then in the end we went the other way. We found out very quickly what we wanted as soon as we started going inside these trailers and stopped looking at pictures. I'm all about research, but I guess being inside them made it a lot easier to visualize what we prefer.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
thansk Jeff...we will be up visiting my in laws in NJ in july...we are going to go to colonial AS there and look at a bunch of models, lengths, etc....perhaps that will begin to give us a better idea....

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
oh and yeah, Anniston AL had a dealer that had been listed under the airstream.com site..."dandy RV" - but they no longer list for some reason..I spoke to the service department there a minute ago and they said they are not sure if they are technically approved for these repairs anymore...im going to email AS now directly perhaps and get an answer....otherwise It will be (if I go the dealer route at all) one of the couple in missisippie ("foley" something or the other as I recall) - or a dealer in ATL - or perhaps just go to colonial AS cause my in laws live in NJ....

Ill be visiting colonial in july just to browse and consider models.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Just an update folks!

After speaking to my wife today in great detail about the possibilities....she is VERY excited. This can include any of the options discussed, including brand spakin new and by christmas if we decide

Not that I will ultimately go the brand new route, but point is, I have a green light to all possibilities....

Before this conversation I was not sure how she would react entirely when presented hard numbers...I handle the budget, and we can do it comfortably no problem, but still...was sort of worried...no need to worry though

Im kinda tweaking right now with the idea of a brand spankin' new AS for christmas....oh this is dangerous