Old 04-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #15
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Thanks Paula...that makes us sound perfect, which we are not! We make our share of mistakes, but we really do try to keep them to a minimum. Our customers are our biggest assets and best form of advertising! We try to do everything we can to please them...most of the times we can...sometimes we can't and that is hard for me to accept!

Bottom line...We just love and believe in the Airstream product and lifestyle!

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Gene, I don't know the answer. My impression is that despite the fact auto and truck dealers have a bad reputation, RV dealers are worse. But RV's are more complex and most RV dealers have to sell a number of different lines to stay in business. It's difficult for RV dealers to keep up with so many different brands. Economic swings affect RV sales more because they are optional items and dealers cut back on intangibles like training.

Some of this can be solved by dealers by offering good service and training their staff better. Airstream could keep better tabs on their dealers and get rid of bad ones. Airstream could offer training programs for their dealers too. It's up to the company to be proactive on this because it's the only way to change things. Hiring an arrogant guy is, of course, not the answer. What supports the product also is the factory doing a better job of QC.

This Forum provides a sort of oversight on dealers, but it's pretty haphazard. Some at Airstream read the Forum posts and that may be making an impact. RV magazines don't seem to help (though I don't read them, but I've glanced at them and don't see dealer or independent product reviews) because they don't provide the services Consumer Reports or Edmunds do for auto and truck buyers.

While the most committed will drive a 1,000 miles, a lot of others will not. If Airstream wants to make sales, they have to have a better dealer network both as to quality and convenience. I think that would benefit everyone including the small number of dealers with good reputations because the reputation of the product would improve and more people would want to buy Airstreams in Arkansas too. If I knew what I know now, I would have driven to Arkansas. But I would have asked myself if I wanted to drive to Arkansas again and again for warranty work.

Gene

Old 04-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #17
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Good points!

G

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 04-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
I was saving my 100th post for our embarkation on next month's 5k mile western journey.....but, I gotta use it for this thread.

There are reasons that people, myself included, drive long distances to purchase their trailers (and have service work done) at Airstream of Arkansas.......it's called quality, integrity, and fair pricing. That's why we drove 750 miles to buy our '08, and why it will be our second stop on next month's trip.....for modifications and warranty work.

I highly recommend Gene Morris, and the folks at AS of AR......considering the downward spiral of today's businesses, that's a rare recommendation from me.

Chief
Old 04-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #19
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
I was saving my 100th post for our embarkation on next month's 5k mile western journey.....but, I gotta use it for this thread.

There are reasons that people, myself included, drive long distances to purchase their trailers (and have service work done) at Airstream of Arkansas.......it's called quality, integrity, and fair pricing. That's why we drove 750 miles to buy our '08, and why it will be our second stop on next month's trip.....for modifications and warranty work.

I highly recommend Gene Morris, and the folks at AS of AR......considering the downward spiral of today's businesses, that's a rare recommendation from me.

Chief
Yall cut it out. Gene's got work to do, and you folks are making him smile so much, that can't think of anything except celebrating.

Seriously, Gene is a great person and gives it his "ALL".

Not to many around like him, anymore.

Keep up the outstanding work Gene, and some day you can retire too, in an Airstream, what else!!!

Andy
Old 04-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #20
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Yall cut it out. Gene's got work to do, and you folks are making him smile so much, that can't think of anything except celebrating.

Keep up the outstanding work Gene, and some day you can retire too, in an Airstream, what else!!!

Andy
I just want to be able to go with you someday on one of your trip to HAWAII!!!!!!!

G

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 04-24-2009, 02:02 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post

Andy
Yeah, we're spoiled here in Arkansas.

As far as retiring to an Airstream, see http://www.airforums.com/forums/f38/...n-35580-3.html (the photos prior to page 3 mysteriously disappeared). It's a beautiful Airstream in person.

Everyone who knows Gene appreciates him. I just need to get some bills (Especially the loan against my 403b to buy the Excella [The good news it that I pulled a bundle from the 403b prior to the recession and put it into a sound investment, my Excella! ]) paid off so I can spend money with Airstream of Arkansas. I've got a major project in mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Without Cap 1600.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	79165  
Old 04-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog1 View Post
I just want to be able to go with you someday on one of your trip to HAWAII!!!!!!!

G
No problem.

All I need is your credit card number, and I will get you the tickets.

How many tickets will you need?

Is this June soon enough?

Andy
Old 04-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Guess there is reputable and then there is "reputable". Here is one of those stories that prove it is a very, very small world. Although I'm pretty fed up with Airstream - mainly due to filiform corrosion - a couple of months ago I thought that I might give them one more chance. Checked a bunch for dealers on the I-net and found a trailer that I was interested in. This was on the website of a dealer who is active on Airstream Forums who shall remain nameless but it is not Airstream of Arkansas. Anyway I kept watching this trailer for several months and then it was sold. Trailer was a 2008 Safari SE 23' L Lounge. Now for the small world part.

Last Monday I arrived at the KOA in Fredericksburg, VA. A couple of hours after I checked in another Airstream arrived - a 23' Safari SE. On Tuesday afternoon I stopped and chatted with the guy for about an hour. He had bought and picked up the trailer only a few weeks previously and have you guessed yet - it was the one I had been watching on the I-net until it was sold!

Asked him if it had any filiform problems. He didn't know - had never heard of it - so we went over and took a look. All four bellyline curved panels had lots of filiform already - in fact it was worse that my 2007 20' that I've been fulltiming in for over 2 years. Didn't even bother looking other places but with as much as I found on the panels I'm sure there was other.

Since the dealer that sold the trailer looks at Airstream Forums I find it hard to believe that they aren't aware of the severe filiform problems that many late model AS owners have had. Would a reputable dealer sell something like this without pointing out the problem to the purchaser and informing them that Airstream would do nothing about it? In my world they wouldn't but maybe some will disagree.

Guess what I'm trying to get at is that even with "reputable" dealers you need to go in as a very informed buyer and examine what you buy with a magnifying glass.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Quote:
More than you can imagine. In the last 45 days we have sold 13 new Airstreams. Customers were from: Washington, California, Arizona, Alabama, Texas, Tennessee, Missouri, New Mexico, Virginia, Nebraska, Louisiana, ans South Carolina to name a few!

G
You can add Michigan to the list if you find our AS!
Old 04-25-2009, 08:30 AM   #25
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
You can add Michigan to the list if you find our AS!
I am still trying!!! Hope to find you something soon!

G

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 04-25-2009, 09:14 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Colleyville , Texas
Dealing with one is so important that until we finally located one closer to us we would travel back to our old dealer one thousand miles distant. Lucky for us we found another great one only two and a half hours distant. Researching dealers and speaking with several references is so darned important as it is with all business dealings.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:15 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Dexer , Michigan
Quote:
I am still trying!!! Hope to find you something soon!

G
We're waiting