Old 03-25-2015, 07:02 PM   #1
spring valley , California
Buying a 2001 Bambi 19'

Hello- Just made an offer on a 2001 Bambi 19. It does look very clean and well taken care of. What are some of the hidden dangers I should look for in this model? Any comments good or bad are most appreciated. Thank you Bernie

divedemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
It's a pretty simple trailer with commonly available parts and appliances. Easy to tow and care for. Airstream laid the carpet down and then installed the furniture on top, including the bed. Open the rear compartment and check for wet flooring under the carpet there, as well as under the front window (between the dinette seats) . The carpet can hide a bad floor, and should be removed from concealed areas. It can be repaired, but that's something you'd have to factor in.
Also, the window manufacturer went out of business, but there are universal parts like "D" gaskets that work fine.

robert claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Northwestern Ontario , - on the backside of the map and just above the big green spot
If it hasn't already been done I would second cutting out the carpet and replacing it with laminate - the trailer will smell and feel fresher and be a ton easier to clean (especially if you have a dog). Another place to check for potential evidence of leakage is on the floor directly below the front of the refrigerator and along the side of the frig compartment to the door.

Hope the deal is successful for you and we can welcome you to the club.

Bambi - 2002 (The Toaster)
Pathfinder - 2009 (The Buggy)

"I'm not young enough to know everything ....."
(Oscar Wilde)
RangerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
spring valley , California
I agree the trailer does look very easy to work on and like how simple she is. The carpet has been removed and a pretty good job on the flooring kinda a light oak laminate. The only thing I really do not like is the last owner painted the cabinets a dark blue good paint job but not to sure what to think about that but last owner is a knowledgeable AS guy and a very nice person. No moldy smell or anything. And having owned three boats I know mold.
Many thanks.
divedemo is offline   Reply With Quote