Excellent News !

Hey ! Congrats to Buyer & Seller !

T & K

B4WEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:14 AM   #30
Rivet Master
2005 19' Safari
Phoenix , Arizona
I rode in our 19-foot Bambi after installing 16-inch wheels, Michelin XPS Ribs and Centramatics, to check out the ride. It was about the same as riding in our newer model Tundra CrewMax. While I didn't notice anything unusual in my 5 minute ride, I suspect that bad brakes, worn-out brake shoes, bad wheel bearings, bad axle or bad shocks might be detectable during a test ride. Also, poorly hung cabinets, defective door latches and loose things like the air conditioner would probably be pretty obvious.

While I definitely wouldn't ride back there for more than a couple of miles, I wouldn't hesitate to ask for a test ride when buying a used trailer. After all, would you buy a used car without taking a ride in it?

By the way, my wife and I picked a familiar, straight stretch of country road with almost no traffic, and known pullouts where we started and stopped. And, we were in constant contact with each other via cell phone.

Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off