Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #29
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfed View Post
So we are interested in the Eddies Bauer 25FB. We have received quotes from three dealers. What % of MRSP is fair to pay for a new unit or a new 2013 unit?
Before you get an answer to that question, tell the two dealers with the higher quotes that you got a lower quote from whichever dealer is lowest, and give them a chance to beat that price. You never know… if they want your business, they may come down on their price. The first price they quote is seldom the lowest they'll go.

Then, whichever is lowest on the second go-around, check the closest dealer (if he isn't the lowest) and see if he'll match that price. If two dealers offer the same price, the closest one wins, because it will cost you less to go pick it up.

WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
Fountain Inn , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfed View Post
So we are interested in the Eddies Bauer 25FB. We have received quotes from three dealers. What % of MRSP is fair to pay for a new unit or a new 2013 unit?
I did not buy a new one but I have seen many say that they were able to get 20% off of MSRP when buying new.

I assume you have a quote from Chilhowee in Knoxville since you live there. I have shopped with Chilhowee once but decided not to buy a new one. They seemed like very nice folks.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
If you go for service at Bates, do not stay at their motel.......Mother is not herself today.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner3 View Post
I did not buy a new one but I have seen many say that they were able to get 20% off of MSRP when buying new.

I assume you have a quote from Chilhowee in Knoxville since you live there. I have shopped with Chilhowee once but decided not to buy a new one. They seemed like very nice folks.
I would ask to see the paperwork before I believed most of those. And remember this is not 2-3 years ago when RVs were not moving. Airstreams are jumping off dealers lots at the moment almost as fast as they can get them. Believe their backlog is around 6 months. Why would any dealer give you a big discount - particularly on a popular model - with conditions like this? My advice is make the best deal you can and if you think you can live with it then do it and don't worry about what someone else claims they got. Not smart to believe these people throwing big discount claims around.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #33
JDS
2014 Bowlus Road Chief

Cumming , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert claus View Post
If you go for service at Bates, do not stay at their motel.......Mother is not herself today.
And if you do stay, please don't go into the shower.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #34
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Several posts have been removed for the simple reason that they contravened Airforums.com's Vendor Dispute rule. There is a link to the Community Rules at the bottom of most pages in the Forums, if you wish to read about this policy.

It would appear that nothing further can be gained by allowing further posting here, so as a result this thread has been closed.

On behalf of
The Site Team

Closed Thread