Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Buyer Guidelines
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-05-2011, 08:15 AM   #1

Portland , Oregon
Ballpark msrp discount?

Just curious, and obviously can't hold anyone to it, but what sort of discount off of msrp can I expect on a new 2011/2012 International or FC 25fb?

Thanks in advance!!

yp
yspopowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
you should be able to get it for something in the ballpark of around 20% off MSRP, give or take a couple percent for options, etc. judging by the pricing we got last month when we bought a 27FB. We shopped around a lot, nationwide. Best prices were Colonial in NJ, but the transportation costs from them to Oregon would put your actual costs over what you could do locally.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspopowich View Post
Just curious, and obviously can't hold anyone to it, but what sort of discount off of msrp can I expect on a new 2011/2012 International or FC 25fb?

Thanks in advance!!

yp
Depends on the dealer.

Second consideration, do they have a decent service department that will service the Airstreame, properly, correctly and timely?

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
The longer the Airstream has been sitting on the lot the more willing they will be to deal. We picked up a new 2005 model in 2006 and got 30% off the MSRP.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Streamer View Post
The longer the Airstream has been sitting on the lot the more willing they will be to deal. We picked up a new 2005 model in 2006 and got 30% off the MSRP.
New Airstreams do not have a 30 percent discount.

Perhaps the retail price was inflated by the dealer.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
New Airstreams do not have a 30 percent discount.

Perhaps the retail price was inflated by the dealer.

Andy
I purchased it from a reputable California RV dealer in Los Banos and was provided the sticker from Airstream that included all the details of the trailer including standard equipment and options including the MSRP. So are you saying this dealer was less than honest? The MSRP was 60,000 and I paid 42,000.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Answer is in between..

There isn't a 30% margin between dealer cost and MSRP for new Airstreams...

Dealers can buy from factory and hold on lot for sale for several months without having to pay interest using flooring financing.. If a trailer has been sitting unsold for a long time, maybe taken to a couple RV shows and toured by hundreds of shoppers who tend to be rough on interiors, the dealer might be willing to sell for less than he paid just to avoid further interest charges and to free up credit line to be able to acquire a new one that might be saleable quicker...

If you want to order one, some dealers might pass through larger discount, and some might pass less, figuring they'd rather clear a unit in inventory.. Remember - They are ALL independent businesses, trying to make a living and cover costs providing both sales AND service on new and used Airstreams... While I have no moral qualms about asking for a price below cost, I am not upset when a dealer declines.. There are a lot of variables, from distance to service to condition to age to decor... Each buyer has some choices and decisions to make as well...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote