Old 03-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #15

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Since you are in Washington, depending upon where you go a single A/C unit should be okay. If you are 27' or greater I'd make sure I'd have a 15,000 BTU A/C unit. If I had a 34' trailer I'd have 2 units. One being 11,000 BTU for the rear bedroom. I took a heat pump option which saves a lot of LP. I go through one 30 lb tank of propane a year. I went with the microwave/convection oven option. No regrets there. I did the ultra leather option on the sofa. We do keep it covered, but that's due to the dogs jumping up when we are gone. We ordered ours from the factory because the dealer didn't have what we wanted on the lot. If you order, understand that there will be a wait. Best time to buy is late fall or winter. Dealer's stock in the lot is his expense and he is probably paying on a loan so he will be more inclined to get it out the door rather than paying interest over the winter.

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
There is an old saying when it comes to negotiations "They who speak first loses"

Old 04-02-2013, 12:30 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
Hi everyone! I just had to post an update. My husband and I are now the proud owners of a new Airstream - 2013 28' Flying Cloud.

Next purchase? The truck to pull it! I guess we did things a bit backwards. But oh well...can't wait for our first trip!

Thanks again to everyone here for your advice. I think we got a great deal.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by time2play View Post
Hi everyone! I just had to post an update. My husband and I are now the proud owners of a new Airstream - 2013 28' Flying Cloud.

Next purchase? The truck to pull it! I guess we did things a bit backwards. But oh well...can't wait for our first trip!

Thanks again to everyone here for your advice. I think we got a great deal.
Congratulations on your new trailer, you are going to love it! I don't think you made your purchase backwards at all. Now you know EXACTLY what you are towing and can now size your tow vehicle to your exact needs and camping style. Are you a minimalist when camping or do you pack lots of gear and toys? The minimalist or lite packer will only need a 1/2 ton TV like a Tundra or Ford F150. The large family with kids, dogs, bikes, kayaks, etc. will probably need a bigger TV like a 3/4 ton or a full 1 ton truck. Lots of great choices out there. Have fun hunting for your new TV. BTW, we need pictures of your new rig!
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Birmingham , Alabama
Can you give us an idea of the deal you were able to make on your trailer ?
Thanks
Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Congratulations on your new airsteam and good luck on your search for a new TV. There is a lot of info on this forum and on the web. I ultimately purchased a F 250 diesel and love it. More then I need probabably however it pulls like a charm. My one piece of advice is do your homework and do not rely on the saleperson to put you into the right tow vehicle for you and your family.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
Hi again everyone! What a busy week so far. Purchase of a new Airstream and truck shopping! And on top of all that, my husband was in the middle of installing new closets in our bedroom, so he had to finish that project (which he did). Whew!

Anyway, just wanted to share more info about our purchase (which we still haven't picked up). Our AS came equipped with the leather upgrade, and inverter. We negotiated and added the dual awnings, microwave/convection oven, towing package, 2 treatments of some sort (can't remember - but it has something to do with winterizing??), some recreational kit and 18 months storage. Unfortunately, we have no place to store the trailer, so storage was a biggie for us. This will give us time to figure out where we're going to keep it. We're thinking of pouring cement on one side of our driveway and storing it there. The neighbor across the street did that for his boat. So it might work for us.

Anyway, we negotiated for 19% less than the price, no cost for the add-on's.

As for the truck...we're seriously thinking of the F-150. We have no kids, and we'll be carrying no "extra" recreation stuff (no kayak, bikes, etc). We plan on traveling with parents, in-law's etc.

So other than the truck to pull the AS, what is our next purchase? What do we need to buy to actually be equipped and ready to go?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Rotochok Home
FireDancer
TPMS
Hensley or PP Hitch
Rear View Camera, Check PEP boys for digital signal version, hunt for 20% Coupon.
2 Dogs
Bike Rack

That should get you started.

1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote