Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 09:02 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Hughsonville , New York
I second Jim's advice. If you find that you have been scammed and the person you thought you were paying isn't actually the one who cashed the Postal MO, get to your regional Postal Inspector's office ASAP. The good news is you paid with the USPS Postal MO and this affords you alot of benefits, most notably the assistance of the USPI's office and investigative services.

As a retired Police Officer and having worked several cases with them during my career, I can tell you they have very good resources and if you get a diligent investigator on your case, you'll get results you need.

Hopefully it's a communication problem, but if not - go file your report.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:50 AM   #22
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
I was going to post about the thread that you mention in post #19, but you've found it yourself. I remember a great deal more information than now exists on the thread, but the thread itself doesn't in itself prove anything - only that this individual had a disagreement with another individual both of whom post on this forum.

I had two or three conversations with Jim last year just before the Texas Vintage rally that was held in Austin. He was delivering an Airstream to someone in Austin and wanted to stop by the rally, but decided at the last minute to head back up to Michigan or somewhere, I can't remember for certain. In any case, while I have no knowledge which will help you with your perceived problem, I can tell you that a person does seemingly exist who goes by the name of Jim Jazarbek and that that individual represented himself to me to be someone sells Vintage trailers.

GStephens
Old 12-17-2006, 09:51 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
I'm sorry to hear of your plight, but thanks for posting your experience here.

I hope you continue to follow this through to it's positive resolution, and it would benefit all of us reading this to hear how it is ultimately resolved.

You've gotten some pretty good suggestions here to follow-up with the postal authorities. It can't hurt to contact the local police (if you know where they are actually located) and the better business bureau in that community also.

Your experiences (although unfortunate) should indicate to all of us that just because someone posts on a bulletin board and has a website is in no way a proof of a person's honesty. (Looking at that website raises a lot of questions in my mind - but then again, having conducted 100's of investigations during my career makes me more skeptical than I might otherwise be.)

John
Old 12-17-2006, 10:00 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Have you contacted the post office to see if the postal money order was in fact cashed? I had a prob with one getting lost in the mail to the tune of $200+...I contacted the post office and kept everything documented. They refunded my money but I had the reciept from the money order which was big. If I had lost that then I would have been out..the post office number I was referred to was 512-868-9925..that was back in 02' but maybe this will help you cut to the chase without all the computer directories you sometimes have to go through with a 1-800 number....good luck...
NEU
Old 12-17-2006, 10:15 AM   #25
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
More bad news

Look at the feedback he received in the classified section. http://www.airforums.com/class...ction=readfeed
It is almost scarey.....

Also a search of businesses registered with the Ohio Secretary of State comes up blank for the Truly Vintage Trailers name.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Old 12-17-2006, 12:55 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
Albuquerque , New Mexico
BAGS----good luck on this situation i hope for the best-----

Old 12-17-2006, 12:59 PM   #27
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
What a terrible shame.....if this was a scam, these folks should be hung from the nearest pole......
Old 12-17-2006, 02:53 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
So scary

Reading the feed back spooky. If I was you I would go ahead and put it in an attorney's hands and fast. This guy sounds a little nuts. I'm sure the money order has been cashed. 4 months I would not have waited that long. Good luck and I hope everything turns out. I to remember when he use to post and then it seemed like he just dropped off. Please keep us informed guys like this need to be stopped.
Air# 9552
Old 12-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Jim Jarzabek is a member of these forums...
Amy Centers is too.

Tom
Old 12-17-2006, 03:50 PM   #30
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Jim Jarzebek is a former forums member. His account was removed about the time of his last post. Since he is no longer active, the info on his profile may no longer be accurate. Good luck with your situation, and we all hope it turns out for the best.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:32 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Jim's alive as of October

Well, I found this post on a web site after querying his name.

Jim Jarzabek
Lebanon, OHIO Item Submitted: 10/15/06trulyvintagetrailers@hotmail.comDetails: NEED A CAR OR TRUCK HAULED FROM OHIO TO DETROIT OR NEW YORK?I am leaving Monday or Tuesday for Detroit from Cinncinnati and then on to Buffalo and Rochester, New York. I have a triple axle lowdeck open trailer with up to 34 feet of deck space available and an 8500 pound winch. Please call Jim at (937) 671-4557

Makes me wonder who's been paying for this trip?
Old 12-17-2006, 09:50 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

Amy

I recall Amy adding to one of these posts a fiery comment on why she would charge for delivery of a trailer. I think she was very upset because one of the forum members had shared with the rest of us her prices.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

Here is that link

http://www.airforums.com/forum...ht=Amy+centers
Old 12-17-2006, 10:48 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

MT. Vernon , Washington
I am sorry to report I saw a negative response on another forum about "TrulyVintageTrailers". It mentioned a $700. amount owed by them to another individual. The thread was removed because it was against that forum's rules. It did make me wonder, as I had tried to contact them on a trailer for sale with no answer. Guess I asked too many questions...
Old 12-18-2006, 04:40 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Having weighed all the evidence presented I would say that the odds are very good that, "YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMED!"
It is my hope that you used either a bank or postal money order, and that you have the copies of them.
Do us all a big favor and go get 'em. It would seem that these folks are out to take advantage of everyone. If as you say they are dodging your calls and then hanging up when they find it's you on the line, then they really are intent on scaming you.
Most folks will not persist when they loose a deposit. Many times this is just a matter of embarasment on the buyers part.
Let us know how this works out.
And when it works out you might want to consider the "Dumb A** of the month" thread. (just kidding, just kidding) Good luck.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
Old 12-18-2006, 04:45 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Jim Jarzebek is a former forums member. His account was removed about the time of his last post. Since he is no longer active, the info on his profile may no longer be accurate. Good luck with your situation, and we all hope it turns out for the best.
Overlander63,

just curious why his account was removed from the forums?? Was it removed on his request? Don´t mind not to answer if the reason is not for public, but it might bring some light into the whole thing in this thread...

Thanks

BJoern

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

davetheairstream
Old 12-18-2006, 05:35 AM   #37
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschoerrn
Overlander63,

just curious why his account was removed from the forums?? Was it removed on his request? Don´t mind not to answer if the reason is not for public, but it might bring some light into the whole thing in this thread...

Thanks

BJoern
Bjoern,

The moderators on occasion have to suspend or ban accounts when the people misuse them. Various scenarios apply, failure to heed warnings on controversial subjects, flaming, personal attacks, improper use of the PM system and Spam are the main reasons. We (the moderation team) try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but when someone doesn't get it and continues to misbehave their account can and will be suspended, if they attempt to sign up under another name it will be banned too. We take the "be nice" portion of our rules very seriously. And in about 99.99% of the cases people on this forum do just that. But there is always that .01%

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
Old 12-18-2006, 06:22 AM   #38
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Oldbaggy,

I have significant experience investigating this type of activity. Depending on the exact circumstances, you may or may not have a criminal complaint. If there is, it may be prosecutable in your jurisidiction... again... depending upon the exact circumstances and whether or not you can convince your local cops, prosecutor, and/or attorney that a crime (if applicable) or action that amounts to a civil tort occurred in your jurisdiction. If you'd like, I'll be happy to give you some help in how to go about following this up if you PM me.

Roger
Old 12-18-2006, 08:12 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Jim posted this in November on MSN 11/19/06:
Motorhome Owners
Old 12-18-2006, 08:32 AM   #40
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
edgawater , Maryland
Seems to be a business with them.

I guess I'm lucky. I only gave them a deposit- a decent one, but they were supposed to bring the trailer to me, then went back and forth, then said I had to pay it all up front before they left. Inconsistency in their arrangements, and they contradicted themselves everyday. I think they just said what was necessary to get the deposit.

The problem is that they're far away, I'm off work from an injury for an indefinite time, and am in no shape to go chasing them- the law works for them- I'd have to go file in Ohio. This one will get written off to stupidity and trusting the wrong people- food for the "Baby Deva" fund. They pumped that "Baby Deva" at me like a weapon.

Please folks- I'm not sure why I wasn't warned enough about these thieves, but there should be a way to support the unknowing buyer who wants to get into an Airstream by warning us about people like Truly, Centers, Jarzabek and whatever other name they have come up with. They've ripped off others, there is no way they can claim they are legit, or sue for slander when people warn about them. Myself and these others- Karen and Lynn and who knows what others have been victimized- have to be protected, warned...

Seems like everywhere they go, they get into fights for charging too much for shipping, or scamming. Confrontational and combative in nature- I hope Karma gets them.

I have to say thanks to all you nice people who tried to give me good advice here- its appreciated.
Closed Thread