Old 04-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #15

1992 29' Excella
Van By The River , Georgia
Originally Posted by cms4140 View Post
The 30' Serenity has a 54 gal fresh water tank - just like the Classics. The 28' Internationals have only a 39 gal fresh water holding tank.

Thanks, I did not realize that. I was just double-checking the AS web site and noticed the larger fresh water tank and saw your post about the same time.

We really like the front bedroom layouts but I don't think that's available in the 30'. Maybe next year.

Back to the OP - even though I don't have direct experience with the rigs you're considering, I'd suggest the 30' particularly now that it's been noted that 30' has the 54 gallon fresh water tank.

Lucius and Danielle
1992 29' Excella Classic
1996 GMC Suburban C2500 7.4L
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #16
Currently Looking...
Scarborough , Maine
28" vs. 30" serenity

What a fantastic response. We appreciated everyone’s technical insight such as the water tank size. Also the reminder that when traveling with kids, each should have their own drawer or plastic bin.
As several of you could see, I had mostly talked myself into the 30 footer. I did want to check with all of you experienced owners, to see if there was a reason to go smaller. I’m now convinced that we should get the 30 foot unit.
We also saw the note on the front bedroom, and agree that that too would be nice if it was offered. We will check with our dealer on that. I also read a blog suggesting that for 2013 the larger units 30’, and above would only be available in the Classic. Does anyone know if that is true? If so, I will need to get my hands on a 2012, 30’ serenity soon.

dearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Weldon Spring , Missouri
Speaking of drawers, unless you order the convection microwave, you will not get ANY drawers in the galley (for silverware, etc.) unfortunate compromise for a trailer that size, but at least the convection microwave is a worthwhile addition, as is the 2nd air conditioner and the streetside awnings.

Insofar as visiting the national parks, don't sweat it...if it's worth seeing, there will be adequate accommodations either in it or near it.

Finally, although we tow ours with a 1/2 ton, we travel pretty light, and rarely even have any passengers. However, if you plan to routinely bring kids, grandkids, bikes, generators, grills, etc., you probably need a 3/4 ton tow vehicle.

You mess with me, you mess with the whole trailer park.
fmrcaptevil is offline   Reply With Quote