Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Title, VIN & Registration
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #41
Hag of Horror

1968 30' Sovereign
Edge , Near the Edge of the World
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Do you have plans to drop the belly pan? The rat may have friends or you might find the lost people . I am sure you will find something that did not come from Jackson Certer if you do.....
Oh yes, ever since we knew the floor had to go, we knew we *would* be dropping the belly pan.

I have been informed by my darling spouse that, during the belly pan dropping, I have been assigned "fire support".

I will be standing by with a 7mm Mauser to kill anything that isn't him that may come running out.

Considering the size of that one rat, I just hope the 7 mil is enough rifle.

Peace,
Caliann
*The currently armed and waiting to be over-run by rats Mrs. Merlyn*
Caliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #42
Hag of Horror

1968 30' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47WeeWind
Hi Caliann:

Great adventure you and Merlyn are thrilling us with! I'm sure you will be pleased to know that your 8 track tape player is backwards compatible and also plays 4 track tapes, so your extensive 4 track collection can follow you down the road. Congratulations on your acquisition, gumption and vision. I look forward to seeing your renewed trailer upon completion. Have fun and enjoy the process.
Wow, that is terrific! I never knew that the original Airstream 8-track tape players would play a 4-track also! What stupendous luck! That's truely wonderful!

Uuuuhhhhhh.....what's a 4-track?

Should I, like, fold up one of my vinyls into quarters and insert it...or what?

Or do I cut one of my 8-tracks in half?

As for the rest....I am vacillating between making major changes....or not...

But, since this thread has gone far of the beaten path for the topic, the better half is going to start a new one, in the appropriate folder, for this restoration.

We both liked the "Cloud with a SILVER lining", so look for it under that name. The "after cleaning pictures" will be there also, by tomorrow morning.

Peace,
Caliann
*The Mrs. Merlyn*
Old 10-07-2006, 08:50 PM   #43
Hag of Horror

1968 30' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325
Caliann,

If I may make a suggestion... don't throw out those old prescription psychotropic drugs just yet... You may find them useful before the restoration is over!

Roger
Before it's over? I need them NOW!!

Bi-i-i-g rat. B-b-b-big rat. Rat chasing me. KILL THE RAT!!!!

Peace,
Caliann
*who should not be spoken to while she is cleaning firearms*
Old 10-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Congratulations once again on your kit of parts! One suggestion I haven't seen posted in this thread (maybe I just missed it?) is, when you go to demo the cabinets and everything, save the dirty/damaged/half chewed pieces to use as templates for the new ones. Also, you may want to do a search here about refinishing the bath/shower fiberglass with epoxy - rather than just ripping it out. Those are formed especially to fit the rounded AIrstream features and are very difficult to replace - you most likely won't find one in better condition than your own. The stains can be covered sucessfully if it's not too broken-up or cracked too badly.

Just a couple of thoughts, sometime people are so excited they throw these things out, only to regret it later.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do...can't wait to see the progress as it happens! Oh yeah, watch out for that rat...he probably doesn't like you meesin' with his digs!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #45
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
Free bulky items from a 1968 Airstream trailer

My son-in-law and myself had an experience similar to this. While deer-hunting several years ago, he came across a 1968 Airstream Ambassador 28' which had been abandoned in the woods.
We managed to track down the owners and buy the trailer for $200, but had to wait until after the Spring thaw to cut down some small trees and tug the trailer home. It was chock full of remnants from a family who had lived it in a while. To our dismay, we discovered that the frame was rusted through in spots and we decided to part it out.
Most of the salvageable parts were sold on eBay, but I am a packrat and cannot part with any original parts from a vintage Airstream trailer.
I still have a pile of the woodwork and some of the heavier items that came out of that trailer and will offer them free of charge to anyone who can come to my location to pick them up.
Among these parts are the double sink, front and side gaucho (missing some parts) and furnace.
If anyone can give these parts a good home and is willing to come and get them, please PM me. I would like to clean out my storage shed.
Please do not ask about windows, misc hardware or other most desirable items. I only have mostly heavy interior items left, such as cabinet and closet doors. shelves and drawers. Some of the the woodwork was burnt in a sacrificial fire to the Airstream deitys. This is a free offer. I am not willing to pack and ship this stuff.
The entry door from that trailer is in the classifieds forums. I offered it free of charge several times but had no takers.
If you can give an unspecified load of free parts from a 1968 Ambassador a good home and are willing to come and get them, give me a shout, but the price on the door is as advertised

Rog

May you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t git you.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #46
Hag of Horror

1968 30' Sovereign
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Congratulations once again on your kit of parts! One suggestion I haven't seen posted in this thread (maybe I just missed it?) is, when you go to demo the cabinets and everything, save the dirty/damaged/half chewed pieces to use as templates for the new ones. Also, you may want to do a search here about refinishing the bath/shower fiberglass with epoxy - rather than just ripping it out. Those are formed especially to fit the rounded AIrstream features and are very difficult to replace - you most likely won't find one in better condition than your own. The stains can be covered sucessfully if it's not too broken-up or cracked too badly.

Just a couple of thoughts, sometime people are so excited they throw these things out, only to regret it later.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do...can't wait to see the progress as it happens! Oh yeah, watch out for that rat...he probably doesn't like you meesin' with his digs!

Shari
*grinz* I am a bit of a packrat myself....and I already told my better half to be *gentle* when he rips out those cabinets and such, as I will need them for patterns.

Since he has become enarmoured of the triangular bathtub, I think we will be saving it.

We have moved this thread to "The Ultimate Monty (the Cloud in my Silver Lining" , so I would love to continue this conversation there. *smiles*

Especially since I have a TON of questions.

Peace,
Caliann
*The going to sleep and dreaming of giant rats Mrs. Merlyn*
Old 03-26-2007, 05:13 AM   #47
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
How goes the cleanup and rat hunt? Did you ever find out where the previous occupants went? Is the coach stripped? Did you get the belly pan removed?
Enquiring minds want to know.