Old 01-30-2019, 04:55 PM   #71
WA Airstreamers in AZ

2015 23' International
Port Orchard , Washington
Just sent the renewal for plates on our 2015 AS in WA state: Under $50

Old 01-30-2019, 05:31 PM   #72

2016 27' Eddie Bauer
Upland , California
If you own a business in AZ (RV Park), you may be able to register the AS as an asset of the business. Then you should be able to register in AZ even though domiciled in CA. Check with your CPA to be sure, but I know a few folks who have done that without issue.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:16 PM   #73
2 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
Falmouth , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidsonOverlander View Post
This place does: https://staabagency.com/

They're the one I used.

Soooo... this seems great, and Iíve been scouring the VA code to see if there are any laws preventing this type of creative use of other states laws...

I give the county I live in roughly $1700/year because I own an AS, it is registered in VA, and garaged here. If it were registered in another state, those rules donít apply.

What I donít know is whether there are laws that say the tow vehicle and TT need to have registrations from the same state? (Or any other laws that would make it illegal). Any others from VA that might know?

Thanks
Old 01-30-2019, 06:35 PM   #74
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Chicora , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekerrville View Post
Tax evasion is illegal.
Tax avoidance is good business.
Now this is true!
WBAC #1341
Old 01-30-2019, 08:04 PM   #75
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2008 22' Safari
Metro Detroit Area & Metro Dallas Area , Michigan & Texas
I Loved Playing Tax Avoidance...

What you need is something called a CPA or a Financial planner that’s also a Tax guru! That is, if you think you can find a good one that’s worth their fee. Works well for those that like the good life — on the CHEAP! Follow the lead of the upper class!! Just remember this: Don’t ask questions like this on public forums and keep your civil attorney’s phone number handy!
Old 01-30-2019, 09:39 PM   #76
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
A California person here. Registration is going to be between $200 and $300 this year for a six year old 27FB. Been camping this week, temps in the mid 60's, but drove 45 minutes up into the Sierra's to snowshoe a bit and play with the dog the snow. Came back and warmed up in the sun outside on the nice grassy campsite with a IPA while reading about a polar vortex someplace. Won't mention the young gals attempting to sunbathe a few sites over.

No question California taxes can be higher than elsewhere, but sometimes you get what you pay for.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:34 PM   #77
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Clearlake , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket View Post
I moved from California to Washington state to escape the high cost of living. I sold my trailer before I left. About 2 years later I got a notice that I owed 2 years of back registration on the same trailer even though I signed a release of liability stating that I sold it. The new owners never registered in their name since it was never going to leave their property. According to the State of California, I was on the hook for the back registration even though I had sold it and would garnish my bank account and tax refund to get it. I finally contacted a Attorney to get ‘this straightened out and in the end I didn’t pay the back registration and the state ended up paying me $2500 for my grief. If the State of California can’t get this right, amagine the grief one would go through trying to dodge high license fees if you still own it.
You are supposed to fill out the lower half of the certificate of title with the date you sold it and to who and mail that to DMV. Never trust a buyer to transfer the title. A lot of people wind up dealing with a car they sold that is still in their name being involved in an accident. Talk about a headache.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:38 PM   #78
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Clearlake , California
California Registration

Haven't stepped up to a real trailer as yet, but the teardrop I bought a couple of years ago cost me $19 to register in California, forever.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #79
1977 31' Excella 500

1977 31' Excella 500
Dallas , Texas
Yes. Gas or diesel. Used to say diesel but oil price makes gas a new argument Syu
Old 02-02-2019, 07:32 AM   #80
1 Rivet Member

Grandville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickclifford View Post
I predict there will be a tsunami of folks leaving cali over the next decade or so ... most driven out by cost of living ... I really think that owning RV parks will be big business in the coming decades. Not just retirees but younger folks looking for adventure travel too, this generation doesn't want to be saddled with mortgage debt and $1m fixer homes ... you gotta pay $10-12k yr alone in property taxes in Cali on a $1m homes & then with all the fires, the cost of home insurance will become staggering. I'm hearing at today rates, people are getting 60cs on the dollar in rebuild costs. If there is a more appropriate thread on this site to discuss further, let me know !

I'd be curious to know if there are any Co-op style RV parkers, multiple owners in an association each with their own lot ... kinda like a timeshare or owner-occupier mobile home parks ..

I agree....i see growth in the RV park business going forward. Home ownership, as I see it, will become more and more a financial burden as costs of local, state, and fed government continue to rise. These costs will be captured where they know it can be captured. People will make changes based on economics, as we ALWAYS have done. More Taxes discourage an activity, less taxes encourage activity. It's not complicated.

In the future, more and more people will seek out the RV as a place to live. Why?. Because owning a home will have become too expense, and then the "luxury" item will have been converted to a "necessity"... In other words, a place to live.

In about 20 to 30 years, the government will finally wake up to this "avoidance", and people having the audacity to keep their own money.

It is at this time the governing bodies will take square aim at those of us that have done our due diligence in trying to stay out of their "attention"., And trying to live simpler uncluttered lives. They will tax and secure money from "us" ... Because we dared to venture out and pursue a bit of our pioneer spirit.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:46 AM   #81
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Green Cove Springs , Florida
(Mod Hat On)

Contributors to this thread, be please be aware that while you are free to post your opinion here you may not post statements that are overtly political. A few posts have already been removed from this thread for that reason.

This thread has value to the community, but further political remarks will result in thread closure, cleanup, and other actions by moderators. Just to be clear, this is not about whether members of the Site Team agree with said political remarks. It's about the adhering to Community Rules, which prohibit such remarks.

Please review the Community Rules before deciding whether to share that deliciously snarky political remark you'd been saving up for threads like this one, or commenting on moderator actions in threads like this one: http://www.airforums.com/forums/misc...ork&page=rules

Site Team thanks you for your cooperation and your participation in Air Forums.

(Mod Hat Off)

Old 02-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #82
Rivet Slave

(Mod Hat on again)

Any and all public posts discussing or evaluating moderator actions are removed. Please avoid making such public comments. Again, it's not about whether Site Team agrees with or appreciates said comments. Simply put, all public comments about Moderator Actions violate Community Rules and will be removed.
If you feel compelled to provide feedback or comments to Site Team re: moderator actions, please send a PM to a moderator (e.g. member of Site Team).
Lastly, please, please, review the Community Rules and help us fade once again into the background.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/misc...ork&page=rules

(Mod Hat off again)

Old 02-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #83
Rivet Slave

(Mod Hat on yet again)

After yet another post to this thread in violation of Community Rules, this thread has been cleaned yet again and is now closed.

Once again, Community Rules here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/misc...ork&page=rules

(Mod Hat off yet again)

Closed Thread