Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Title, VIN & Registration
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Del Rio , Texas
Tracking down previous owners of a trailer

Ok...this may be a long shot...but here it goes. Recently I purchased a 1968 26' International Overlander (VIN # I268 119). Yes, I realize the manufacturing plant indicator is missing...this is another issue. But I have scrutinized the serial plate in detail...and it is not simply worn away...it was never there to begin with. That beign said I am 99% sure this trailer was manufactured in Jackson, OH and therefore should have a "J" in the Vin number. However, this is not my question. When I purchase this trailer it did not come with a title. So I am trying to locate previous owners of this trailer and maybe find a title. My question is did Airstream keep records of who originally purchased each trailer, or for example which dealerships received which trailers. If for example I knew which dealership received this trailer, then maybe they might have records for who originally purchased it. Then I could maybe begin my trail of tracking down previous owners trying to find a title.
Thanks,
Dan
68-Ovrlndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Dayton , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Alwhisman
My title was lost (by me!).....I went and got a print out from the state and got the name and address. Sent a registered letter (twice), and ended up going back to the state and doig a ton of paperwork to get my title.....

.....I was lazy and didnt transfer it right away, and apparently discarded the title while we were cleaning the house. I figure since I went through all that, for months, the original will pop up now hat I got it replaced!

...In any case, the print out I got gave me the names from original titling to pesent.
Alwhisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Del Rio , Texas
OK...I have tracked down the previous owner of this trailer. Very nice couple and very helpful. Thanks for y'alls help and advice.
68-Ovrlndr is offline   Reply With Quote