Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Title, VIN & Registration
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Pinncle , North Carolina
Problem with Title

A friend and I jointly owned an Airstream, but the title was in hs name. It was registerd in Oklahoma. I moved to Oregon, and he gave me a letter saying the Airstream (at the time in Oregon and inoperable) belonged to me. This was some years ago, and it has remained on my property. I had it repaired and would now like to sell it. However, efforts to get him to respond (I'm not sure where he is) have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have any suggestions about resolving this? Could I even claim that the unregistered vehicle has been parked on my property for a number of years, it's abandoned property, I need to be reimbursed for storage fees, and thus need to sell it, some combination of the above??? Thanks for any help.
cirencester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Where is the AS located now? Where ever it is, you'll have to check with that state and see what the requirements are for getting a title to an abondoned vehicle/trailer. From what I've read on the forums, the requirements and ease of doing this will vary greatly from state to state.

Best of luck!

Chris
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

We can't tell if you are in N. Carolina or Oregon. Minno is right. It varies not only by state, but by the office, and the person you are lucky or unlucky enough to end up in front of. You are refering to a lien sale in your post. It may be easier to do this in some states than others. Oregon is pretty lienient on licensing, I don't know about N. Carolina, but I would take some pictures and your letter down to the DMV and look for a sympathetic person to discuss your options with.
It really has more to do with who helps you than what the law says.
Good luck,
Rich
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
missing title