Old 12-15-2009, 06:50 PM   #15
. , .
Originally Posted by Silverfoxrae View Post
I'm glad I looked at this thread. This is exactly what's going on with me/my trailer. Except the RV place did an oops. I bought my airstream from a dealer....

each state IS different but there are a bunch of threads on this issue that may help you...

here are some of them...

all of the true things that i am about to tell you are shameless lies. l.b.j.

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
My 67 Safari didnt have a title...The WI DMV will issue one if you get the proper form from them and fill it out...and have an officer basically notarize it...Send it in, Viola, new title...Im sure that PA will do something similar...have to call or check the website ...

Jay (KB8VMO)
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
aircooled4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:05 PM   #17
Wise Elder
2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
I've been through this recently with a motorcycle. In MN it's not difficult but you do have to be persistent and allow plenty of time. In MN as in most states you have to have a signed statement from the seller explaining the facts of the matter and what happened to the old title. If you've already bought it then well you have to sell it to someone else and have them sell it back to you so they can make a signed statement as a seller.

Sometimes you have to go to a couple of DMV agencies since some of them don't encounter this or are under pressure to turn people away with these kinds of requests.
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:08 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member
1948 22' Liner
1961 26' Overlander
1949 24' Limited
Springs , Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
Well I finally got in touch with the owner of an Argosy I found dying in the woods. Trees have fallen on her and she is neglected. Owner doesn't even know year, has no title, has no keys to lock trailer. Owner lives in Maryland and towed vehicle to PA 2 years ago. No plates, no title, no bill of sale no nothing. Should I purchase this trailer...what am I getting into? I live in PA. Thanks for the help!

As we have purchased many a non-titled airstream and live in PA- this is the process for our state. Go ahead and restore it and once you are done- the title will become an issue. Once the trailer is done you can get a reconstructed title once it's capable of passing a state inspections. PM us if you have more questions. But don't let a title deter you from a trailer! Unless you have a salvage title! By the way- you aren't very far away- good luck retrieving it! Sometimes that's the rally fun part!
April & Andy Hershberger
3streams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member
newnan , 30263
Barn Find

Man, does this sound familiar!! I recently (6 months ago) took possession of a 1988 Excella from a fellow in Alabama who swore on his motherís grave that he had the original title. That was back in July of 09. I began to get a little worried and upset when October rolls around and still no title. More a burden on him since I had yet to pay him. I decided at that time to get a little more proactive myself and began the long and detailed road to recovering the misplaced title. I had read a few of the post on this forum and decided that the GA DMV was the best place to start. Our DMV is not as courteous and polite as others I suppose but they gave me what I needed to get the process started. The long and short is as follows: A county sheriff had to come out to inspect the trailer and verify the VIN Number, my insurance company had to process a bond based on the document received from the sheriff, $100.00 and two weeks later the paperwork was taken down to our local DMV. Taxes and tag fees were paid and bonded title application was sent to the state which, per the rep at the DMV, "should return title in aprox 30 days". It's now been more than 60 days and I'm still without a title! ("Delay due to layoffs at the state of GA".)

If the Excella were not in such good condition I would have already returned it back to its original owner and actually volunteered to do just that, eventhough I had put quite alot of effort into refurbing. The orig owner had no interest in getting it back!

Once the title is received (If ever) I will most likely be putting the very nice Excella up for sale.... The next Airstream purchased with be with title in hand before taking delivery!!!!
redwinefarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM   #20
Rivet Master
1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Originally Posted by redwinefarms View Post
More a burden on him since I had yet to pay him.
Wow, So you payed nothing for the Airstream? I also assume that you had no bill of sale...You were very brave to put any money in a referb on the Excella. Hope it all works out.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member
1968 24' Tradewind
Largo , Florida
Broadway Title on the internet can assist you with a title. I purchased a 24' '68 Tradewind without a title. Played with State of Florida for months . . . read about Broadway title on a blog here. Sent in the paperwork & money order. In about 10 days I had a title from Maine. Went to Florida DMV and got a title to my airstream in 15 minutes. I think it cost about $275. I also had gone to the State Police office and had them run a check on my serial number. I enclosed a copy of that report - not required. Good luck.

airstreamjudy is offline   Reply With Quote