Originally Posted by JoePfznik
1. Am I qualified to register and insure this equipment in the most advantageoius state as a full timer might or must I stick with Massachusetts.
2. How do you deal with the situation where you are would like to buy a trailer from a seller who does not have an owners title.
3. How much trouble is it to economize by reduciong or eliminating insurance during periods of storage (presumably on private property).
4. Is there anyone out there who uses their trailer as I am proposing. How do you suggest I go about finding storage space each year and how much should I expext to pay?
1. You need an address. When I full-timed in Nevada, the trailer park where I eventually wound up had an address for each spot. The rules say you need to be a "resident," but what does that mean in this mobile society and you're spending lots of time there?
2. I'd like more info on this. I've got one with no title, just an executor's release.
3. I was going to say "call your insurance company" but I forgot you're a citizen of the freehold of Cambridge. My company will turn the insurance on and off with a telephone call, but I suspect they would become grumpy if that happened more than once or twice a year.
4. For two vehicles you're going to pay $60/month, more in a highly populous area, less in Montana. The problem is, if you're thinking you can just get to your last stop and find a storage place, you may find there are no vacancies. It is surprising how many storage lots here in Colorado have waiting lists.