Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2015, 06:35 PM   #1

Santa Fe , New Mexico
Need valuation and model from VIN.

I have been sneaking into yards, lots and alleys looking for a project trailer. I think I may have finally found one.

I contacted the owner and he assures me the title will be simple to obtain. (I am here to see if that "simple" transaction will be worth pursuing).

The owner is firm on price at 2500$. The trailer is mostly stripped of its interior and multiple windows are missing, but all window hardware is present while the glass is missing. The shell appears to be intact, with a few dents and scrapes. The sheeting under the trailer has a few rips in it.

I have a week to decide if I want to purchase the trailer. I seem to have jump started his desire to try and sell it and as a kindness to me he has promised to hold the price and not sell it for a week. So I have that long to decide.

Here is the VIN plate. The bicycle towing the trailer alone makes me want to buy it. It will be made into a base camp for my mountain biking and rock climbing pursuits.

The number that looks like C1 is actually 61

and here are more images to help identify the model and i guess to see if it would be worth the 2500$ asking price. I am not planning a restoration, but am planning to make the trailer as light as possible and install a minimalist interior that includes bicycle and gear storage as well as living and work areas. Most likely there will be a super minimal bathroom, a single queen bed. The kitchen will most likely consist of aluminum counters a sink two burners a refrigerator and plastic bin storage. I really want the build to be as light as possible while providing accommodations for two adults, three dogs and all their outdoor gear.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.
Nilepoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
It's worth the $2500. 60s are very popular. I put one on Craigslist that was a in a little bit better shape for a little bit more money and literally sold it sight unseen in 5 minutes after the ad was published. From the photos it's a good bet you will need new axles.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:07 AM   #3
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
As long as you understand you are buying a full blown project trailer, including replacing axles and probably frame repair you are okay. The price is reasonable, perhaps a bit high in my opinion. Make a list of all the missing parts and check the prices then make the decision if that along with the labor is what you want to spend.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote