Old 12-31-2015, 07:37 AM   #29
1 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Austin , Texas
Thanks for the suggestions! I didn't make it out there yesterday, but going today and trying to get the county sheriff to do the inspection. The seller looked at the tongue and found a third number that could possibly be the serial/VIN, but it doesn't follow Airstream's naming convention, so we'll see. I'm also going to check the wardrobes since they're the only cabinetry still present.

I'm glad there are so many active and helpful airstream owners out there. I'm sure I'll be asking a million other questions once the rehab starts.

kristinatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:43 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member
1972 27' Overlander
Orlando , Florida
Register it in Vermont, just like I did. 2.5 weeks and plate is in my hand!

GuitarmanFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:31 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member
1955 18' Globetrotter
Carrollton , Texas
Globe Trotter

Kristinatx - so......what's the update on your acquisition of the pretty Globe Trotter? Hope you got it! Curious minds want to know.
Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:58 AM   #32
Rivet Master
1955 22' Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Clear Lake Shores , Texas
I guess the laws in Texas are not clearly understood or consistently applied. I have registered two vintage Airstreams in Texas that came with out of state titles (NM and AZ) and was not required to get either one inspected.
BambiTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:22 AM   #33
Silver Lizzard

2015 28' Flying Cloud
1969 31' Sovereign
Kerrville , Texas

Congratulations on being able to get plates for your vintage Airstreams! I too believe that there is inconsistent applications of the new Texas Vehicle Registration laws.

I have noticed that dual axel vehicles must go thru the hoops of inspection then presenting the paperwork to the county clerk tax folks to get your plates. At that time they want some sort of liability insurance document as well, at least for the TV. Single axel trailers under 3000 lbs. capacity are exempt, but still have to buy a plate.

Once that has been done one time, from then on you get the yearly inspection and then go online and finish your registration, pay your money and receive your sticker in the mail. The vehicle inspection sticker and the license plate in one item, not two.

All that said, the satellite office for registration in the county could care less and just takes the money and gives you your license plate sticker. The office at the court house is a different matter all together.

At our court house the property tax folks are in the same room as the vehicle tax folks. They are really nice people but they have a thing for billfolds and purses. They want yours!

Happy Trails
Jekerrville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:54 AM   #34
Rivet Master
1955 22' Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Clear Lake Shores , Texas
Just renewed the plate on my Flying Cloud. No inspection, no insurance documents, just pay the fee and get the sticker.

BambiTex is offline   Reply With Quote