Q: Does a trailer need to be inspected to get a registration in Maine?
A: Maine does not require the trailer to be inspected to be registered.
Q: Is it legal to register in Maine if I live in another State?
A: The majority of our customers do live in other states, non-residents and businesses can register in Maine. As long as you travel interstate you can register in Maine.
Q: How long does the registration process take?
A: It is possible to get a plate the following business day using our “RUSH” service.
Q: Is there any set up costs or hidden charges?
A: No, the only additional charge is for the POA (Power of Attorney) that is needed to process the work for you. The cost for the POA is a one-time charge of $20.00
Q: Any minimum or maximum number of trailers needed to use this service?
A: No, we offer our service to owner operators that register one trailer and we work with larger companies that register thousands of trailers.
Q: Do I need a title to register in Maine?
A: If your trailer is 1994 or older it is title exempt in Maine. If your trailer is 1995 or newer it will need to have a title. If already titled in another state we will need a copy of the front and back of the title.
New Order(s) – submit the following:
1. The number of years you want to register
2. The original Manufactures statement of origin( MSO) or
3. Copy of title if already titled in your name front and back
4. The original title if you are going to title in Maine ( 1995 or newer)
5. Copy of bill of sale ( to show proof of ownership)
6. See below for computing charges
Want a Maine Title? We will need the following items:
1. Need Original Title (15 years or newer). Signed over on back by seller and dated
2. Trailer has to be over 3000 lbs (empty weight) to title, Under 3000 lbs is title exempt
3. Provide any lien holder information with the address.
4. Date of birth for all personal names on title
5. Any signature signed with POA – need copy of POA (Power of Attorney)
1. Title with no lien – Cost $42.50
2. Title with one or more lien holders – Cost $46.50
3. Duplicate title or lien certificate – Cost $46.50
4. Rush Title(s) – Cost $53.00
5. Rush duplicate title(s) – allow (3 to 4 weeks) – Cost $55.50