Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #1

Stagecoach , Nevada
Looking for VIN

I had a very used travel trailer given to me. I do puppets for kids and was looking for a cute trailer to move equipment and advertise. The problem is a lost title and I can't find a VIN. The metal plate beside the door reads: MRMA TCA Travel Trailer. American Standard A119.2 2002948 I would like to know where the VIN should be so that I can go about getting a title and license. Thanks for any help you can give.
Melinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
I had a very used travel trailer given to me. I do puppets for kids and was looking for a cute trailer to move equipment and advertise. The problem is a lost title and I can't find a VIN. The metal plate beside the door reads: MRMA TCA Travel Trailer. American Standard A119.2 2002948 I would like to know where the VIN should be so that I can go about getting a title and license. Thanks for any help you can give.
Whose trailer?

What brand?

How about a door side photo?

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
What kind of trailer is it? Most of us are familiar with Airstream trailers, and some of us have experience with newer brands and styles of travel trailers, but we need more info before anybody can really help you.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Try looking for the VIN stamped on the tongue.

It may be difficult to track the old title down if you don't have the seller info. Motor vehicle law varies from state to state. If you can locate the last registered owner you may be able to have him fill out an affidavit of sale. You may have to post an assurity bond to cover any possible old liens and do a motor vehicle search to make sure the trailer is not stolen.

Be ready to spend some time at motor vehicles. It has been my experience that if one DMV clerk gives you an answer you don't like, get on a different line and you will get a different answer. There are businesses that will do this for you, but based on your description may not be worth the cost
Old 09-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
If the person who gifted the trailer to you was the person named on the title, it should be fairly simple for them to get a replacement title. All they have to do is request it from the DMV then pay a small fee and wait till it arrives. Then they could transfer that title to you.