Old 10-31-2005, 09:01 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Yes, that seems to be what happened.

The only pain is that it was in the state next-door. They want to wash their hands of it since their records show that it has always had the typo.

The title is still in their state until the transfer takes place so they have to fix it. I'm sure they wiil have to deal with it first.

Thanks

Old 10-31-2005, 09:09 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Where

What state is it titled in? What state are you trying to register the trailer in? I just registered my 58 Sovereign of the Road that I got from RichardT in Bat Cave, NC. The title was from South Carolina, and I am in NY.

I did this. Went to my DMV, and told them that I did not have a title. They stated that I needed a form filled out from the previous owner, stating that he had owned it from X to X, and that he was transfering it to me. Then I needed a weight ticket and a pencil tracing or picture of the SN. I now have it registered in my name.

Good luck!

Rob

http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:16 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Thumbs up

Randy in Jackson Center was a great help in getting it all sorted out. The state of Washington now has documentation from Airstream and have forwarded it to an upper level bureaucrat for a title correction.

I Couldn't have done it without all of your help!

Thanks to you all,-- the Aluminum Overcast of astute Streamers.

John
Old 11-09-2005, 09:42 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2002 34' Classic
Kingwood , Texas
Vi

Is there a plate to the right of the door? It would say Airstream and then below that it would have a number. That's the VIN number if you have the plate there.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
1968 Tradewind or Overlander / Serial confusion

Hi:
I haven't picked up my trailer yet. I was told it was a 1968 tradewind. I don't remember noticing the name, if there is one, when I last saw her. The seller sent me the manual and the serial number says o for overlander? It is a 24' Double made in CA. I can't find a 24' overlander listed anywhere. What's Up???

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2005, 01:17 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoiacoast
Hi:
I haven't picked up my trailer yet. I was told it was a 1968 tradewind. I don't remember noticing the name, if there is one, when I last saw her. The seller sent me the manual and the serial number says o for overlander? It is a 24' Double made in CA. I can't find a 24' overlander listed anywhere. What's Up???

Thanks!
Sequoiacoast,

I don't believe that the O in the serial number indicated Overlander, if your serial number follows the format on this page: http://www.vintageairstream.com/arch...ind/index.html , then you have a Tradewind.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:11 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Eureka , California
Question: Tradewind/Overlander 1968

I went to Airstream.com and according to my serial number I have an Overlander??
O248-S588
But I was told it's a tradewind. Is it a Tradewind and an overlander? Or is the O for something else. I don't have the trailer on hand to visit, only the manual with the serial in that old bumpy label tape.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:59 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Quote:
I went to Airstream.com and according to my serial number I have an Overlander??
O248-S588
You have a 1968 Trade Wind 24' Land Yacht Made in California. It is not an Overlander.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:03 PM   #23
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
But I was told it's a tradewind. Is it a Tradewind and an overlander? Or is the O for something else. I don't have the trailer on hand to visit, only the manual with the serial in that old bumpy label tape.
You do have a Tradewind, 24' . On some older coaches, the "O" signified it was built in Ohio, rather than their Cerritas, California plant. However, the "S" in your serial number shows it to be built in sunny California, and the "O" means it is a Land Yacht, rather than an International trim package, which would be and "I" instead of an "O".
Old 11-18-2005, 01:28 PM   #24

1976 20' Argosy 20
Currently Looking...
Royalton , Illinois
In reading all the responses regarding the VIN number corrections, no one mentioned a form and the police. When I purchased my "Baby" 76 Argosy, I realized that the VIN number was wrong on the title. At first I took a pic of the VIN # plate after running a pencil over it so it would show the numbers better. When I went to the DMV (Illinois) with the pics, they gave me a form and said that I could have the police verify the correct number, have them fill out and sign the form and they (DMV) would send it in with the title.

I do have to say that someone ignored the attached form the first time around and the title came back the same "wrong" #. But it is being corrected now with correspondence from the local DMV.

Barb