Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Title, VIN & Registration
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2008, 12:47 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
Tampa , Florida
Question FL to NH Title and Registration Questions

Hello All!

I just bought a 1975 Airstream Ambassador in Florida Yesterday. I was given a Florida Title and a Bill of Sale. The trailer currently has no registration or plates. My perminent address is in New Hampshire but I am staying in Florida for the winter while renovating the camper before it ever goes to New Hampshire. The trailer is 120 miles away from the campground I will be at all winter. Should I just hook on and tow it here without any plates or should I go to the Florida DMV and get temporary plates? Do I need to have the trailer inspected while I am in Florida? Basically it is going to be at least 5 months before the Airstream is ever actually in NH where I intend to title and register it. What do you recommend I do in the mean time? Can I just bring the FL Title and Bill of Sale to NH and do all necessary paperwork without the trailer being present? Thank you for your time and help... Joe

P.S. I am looking forward to being an active member of this community now that I have finally made my dream of owning an Airstream real.
joesurds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:18 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
120 miles with no plates, not wise. Not sure what the fine is but up here it would be more than the $10 for the temp plate.

As for NH, that old needs to have a Bill of Sale. The title may help to get plates in Concord, but all the ones I have registered, I have needed to get a form and have a police officer stop by to verify the VIN #. Which is always interesting as I have had to explain by there are so few numbers in the VIN and what they mean

This link may help, if not there is a contact link.

Registration FAQs - Division of Motor Vehicles, NH DOS

Hey, Concord's not far! Stay in touch
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote