Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Title, VIN & Registration
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-04-2017, 10:06 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Shakopee , Minnesota
Anyone successful at new CO Title?

Hi -

We have a 1966 Safari, we moved from MN to CO last year and brought the trailer here last summer. Since CO requires a VIN verification, we had to bring the trailer down to get the VIN verified and, behold, the VIN that was on our MN title (and the ND one before that) doesn't actually match the VIN that is on the trailer itself. Its really lightly stamped so easy to see how someone didn't read it correctly.
Because it didn't match, CO required us to then do a VIN certification. Which we did. But then they're also requiring us to do the Salvage Title process which as far as I can tell, involves about 50 steps :-( I've done the first 2 steps and gotten all the record searches sent off for MN and CO.
My question is - has anyone had success getting through this process with the state of CO? I had toyed with the idea of using a title service but read some reviews that CO doesn't accept those either...

Thanks!

Sarah
WildinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:28 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
brooklyn park , Minnesota
title

go back to MN DMV. APPLY FOR A NEW TITLE. WITH CORRECT SERIAL #'S. PAY FEES. WAIT FOR 4 WKS. TAKE NEW IMPROVED TITLE TO CO. DMV. ALL DONE EXCEPT FOR FEES. DON'T ASK ME HOW i KNOW THIS
JOE IN MINNESNOWDA
joqin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
With flat bed trailers or other kinds, but haven't tried w/rvs. Even new pur. in or out state lic and title as home built even factory manf. or lost title save tax and other reqments if no cert. of orig. Never been questioned, just supply w/some kind of vin # of your choice. When manf. pur. out of state can be big hassle to lic. and title. Never had to prove whether home built or manf. Ins. co. no questions asked how titled long as pay premium.
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote