Old 03-24-2014, 03:14 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member
1977 31' Excella 500
Zavalla , Texas
I did hear back from Blue Sky and will be moving forward with them. I started a new thread as I thought that it was big news now that it appears there are THREE companies to go to for agreed value coverage.

WBCCI #1711
Texas Gulf Coast Unit, Texas Airstream Harbor
Angelina National Forest, Zavalla, TX
CA_Tallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #58
Rivet Master
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I don't know whether this is useful, but maybe. I went with GMAC several years ago. I believe it was the carrier for Good Sam. Good rates and you can cancel (maybe suspend would be a better word) for the part of the year you have it parked. There's a fee, but you'll likely come out ahead. GMAC has changed the name. I think it is National General. I don't know if they do vintage, but they were easy to deal with.

Previously we had Progressive. Their rates kept going up to pay for Flo I guess (not much expense for her wardrobe though). Then they told us we would have a big rate increase—maybe something like 30%—because we owed no money and didn't have enough credit cards. I called them and told them we had a card they didn't know about (they didn't care) and asked why someone with an excellent credit score and responsible with money was a customer they didn't want. They never answered that one. I changed all our vehicles to GMAC (trailer) and Farmers for the motor vehicles. All the premiums were less than we were paying with Progressive before the rate hike. I'd avoid Progressive unless you owe a lot of money and have 2 or more credit cards they know about.

Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:18 AM   #59
4 Rivet Member
1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Good Sam insurance is now national general. I contacted them because our current insurance company wanted to start depreciating our vintage.

Everything was going good with the application with general until they told me that we would have get it appraised, that we would have to insure our tow vehicle with them and that our trailer would have to be housed in a secure location with theft alarms.

Moby has been just fine in our yard in the warm months and in the barn in the cold months. The snow piles up against the door anyway so have to dig it out. Our alarm system? The neighbors dog... Who barks at anything!

Right now we are staying with Farm Bureau.
Beth and/or David

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:42 AM   #60
4 Rivet Member
2014 30' Flying Cloud
Los alamos , New Mexico
I highly recommend a letter of commitment of "stated value" from your agent/company. I have seen much heartache after hail storms when older AS are totaled and value at that time is extremely different than anticipated payout. My profession of 38years.
Luigi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:04 AM   #61
1 Rivet Member
2006 25' Safari FB SE
merrick , New York
Agreed value insurance with Progressive

I had been trying to obtain an Agreed Value insurance policy on my 2006 Safari with little success. My regular insurance agent found a "Stated Value" policy for me, and while it's better than Actual Cash Value, there is apparently no guarantee that they would pay what the trailer is actually worth or what it would cost to replace. One company wanted over $1000 per year for Agreed Value. Foremost does not offer Agreed Value in my area and said I was too close to the water (over 2 miles). I contacted FCIS (800-331-1520) and spoke with Tony Reynolds who was able to get me Agreed Value coverage through Progressive for $100 more than I was paying annually for Actual Cash Value through Progressive. A Bill of Sale (if purchased within the last 2 years) or certified appraisal is required. I had contacted Progressive and was told that Agreed Value was not available, and then my insurance agent contacted them and was told that it is only available to certain agents. Hopefully I will never need to make a claim, but I feel better knowing that I have Agreed Value coverage on the trailer.
babs4008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:38 AM   #62
4 Rivet Member
1978 31' Sovereign
Springfield , Missouri
I have Shelter Insurance for all my insurance needs, home, boat, Airstream, Vehicles, rental properties.

Full coverage on my 1978 Sovereign with an agreed upon value of $14,000 is $78 a year with a $250 deductible.

When a semi truck passed us on the interstate and sucked open the small full length roadsize awning, I called the company. The adjuster I spoke to told me that it was a 1978 trailer and the depreciation would probably be steep. I told him it was a good trailer he said rules are rules.

When he came out to the RV Repair shop (Thomas and Sons RV in SGF MO, great shop!.. high but worth it) the repair manager showed him the trailer (freshly polished and all finished), the adjuster did not depreciate out the awning. I got a check for $1600 less my $250 deductible. I am well satisfied.

Once, after an ice store collapsed out patio cover, another adjuster told me that my insurance would only cover the cover not the uprights.

I told him ok, thanks, gathered all my paper work and left. In the parking I lot I got on my cell phone and called my agent and told him I was coming over to cancel all my policies. He told me to wait a minute. A few minutes later I got a call and another adjuster to the front desk and apologized said it was a new adjuster in training and he would (the second guy) get things right.

That is the advantage of having an agent in the office as opposed to a internet transaction.

My antique trucks I insure through a specialized company out of Laverne MN.

When I got out of the service in 1973, first day home, I told my Truimph Spitfire over to my girl friend's house. I didn't have insurance yet and took my chances. Yep, I was crossing a street and got tboned. I got the ticket and had to pay for her car. Since then I would rather be over insured than under insured. My Truimph was a loss. I really liked that car too.
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:54 PM   #63
1 Rivet Member
1975 31' Sovereign
asheville , North Carolina
I am with State farm and they refused to put my streamer on?

lilith8 is offline   Reply With Quote