Old 04-21-2016, 12:57 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Actually when I wrecked the 2006 they didn't even try to pull the NADA value on me. They did ask me if I could help them locate comparable units for sale (so they'd have the same options and trim level) - and paid me pretty reasonably for the depreciated value.

It was my choice not to buy another 2006, but to go to a 2012 Eddie Bauer. Sigh. It's always something isn't it? And I'll probably keep the Avion until I age out - which at the rate my frustration is building might be tomorrow!

Blue Sky in AKRON Ohio (where I bought the Avion originially!) may be willing to cover me, but I need pictures and Frank Y. is out of town until Sunday.

Let us pray... or as my old male cat used to say "let us spray!"

Paula

Old 04-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Whining Again!

Oh the things you learn in life.

I knew that an Avion wouldn't be usable at an Airstream only park, so I was considering a former Airstream park in Florida as a home base for the Pewter Palace.

And I also considered getting a western home base - so I contacted North Texas Airstream Community. I asked them if I'd have to store the Avion off site if I ever towed it that far west. Imagine my shock when I was told that I'd have to SWEAR that I owned no other brand of trailer other than an Airstream or Argosy. (I didn't think to ask what they do about Sprinters and older van conversions.)

So unless I sell the Avion or at least title it over to my sister - NTAC isn't a possibility. Guess I'll make another call to the other park in eastern Texas - even though they never responded to my first one.

Can't OWN another brand? Wow. Not going to get my knickers in a twist but that does seem to be a bit overboard. No wonder they have 20 places currently for sale. Better get a complete list of the bylaws before I even consider this place.

They only allow other brands on for non-airstream rallies... and then the time is strictly limited.

Old 04-22-2016, 03:00 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Oh the things you learn in life.

I knew that an Avion wouldn't be usable at an Airstream only park, so I was considering a former Airstream park in Florida as a home base for the Pewter Palace.

And I also considered getting a western home base - so I contacted North Texas Airstream Community. I asked them if I'd have to store the Avion off site if I ever towed it that far west. Imagine my shock when I was told that I'd have to SWEAR that I owned no other brand of trailer other than an Airstream or Argosy. (I didn't think to ask what they do about Sprinters and older van conversions.)

So unless I sell the Avion or at least title it over to my sister - NTAC isn't a possibility. Guess I'll make another call to the other park in eastern Texas - even though they never responded to my first one.

Can't OWN another brand? Wow. Not going to get my knickers in a twist but that does seem to be a bit overboard. No wonder they have 20 places currently for sale. Better get a complete list of the bylaws before I even consider this place.

They only allow other brands on for non-airstream rallies... and then the time is strictly limited.
We have hosted at an AS only park in NW Fl. for 4 years and their attitude is sob owners are inferior to AS owners. I am not making this up. They would rather go broke. Sal
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:34 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
We have a space in an Airstream only RV park in Show Low, AZ called Ponderosa Shadows. Driving through one sees fifth wheels made by Airstream as well as the Square Streams and Airstream motorhomes of various shapes and sizes. The lack of a uniform appearance does not seem to matter, just the word Airstream attached in one way or another.

They did last year change the bylaws so WBCCI membership is NOT required anymore. However, one must have passed the double nickel life anniversary before they can acquire one of the empty lots.

This is our nearby escape location from the Phoenix summer heat (about 3.5 hours drive) and nearly 6,000 feet elevation makes the place 25 to 30 degrees cooler than the Valley of the Sun.

Some leave their trailers at the park all winter (no power or water) so they must have good insurance incase of a large snow load causing damage to a trailer or one of the Ponderosa Pines falling on a trailer.

We had no problem getting a higher value on a stated value on the Classic with all the extra work that has been done. Will provide the receipts in May to raise the value of the 23D to a more appropriate number.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:44 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Quote:
Apparently a lot of companies have changed their policy offerings within the last six months or so... so if you just paid you premium, but didn't read through the whole 30 page policy, surprise, you may not have the coverage you need.
Yep. I posted on this topic about a year ago. It is true for more than Vintage as well. I tried telling people. Some listened but...
Old 04-25-2016, 10:31 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
My newest policy renewal includes :"actual cash value". No definition of that term, but if I have a problem, I will start doing the legal research. No matter what the insurer says, actual cash value means what the trailer was worth just prior to the crash. The argument is mostly over the source of that information (NADA, other such books, dealer estimates, etc.) Take a lot of photos of the how wonderful your trailer looks and all the upgrades you have made. Since I have no plans to total the thing, I will continue to hope for the best.

Gene
Old 04-25-2016, 09:25 PM   #35
1 Rivet Member

1998 30' Excella 1000
Glendora , California
There's hope (I hope?)

kaylorsan, we contacted Josh, and received a quote which states it's an Agreed Value. It seems very reasonable, and I'm remaining hopeful. I'm going to call and verify tomorrow. We currently have AAA, and the policy is now "whichever is lower." I went online to Good Sam Club and (supposedly) received and Agreed Value quote, but when they called me, they said it only applied to rigs five years old or newer. Due your due diligence, folks! I'm fretting, thinking if anything happens to our 98 Excella, our Airstreaming days are over.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:16 PM   #36
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
For several years I had Progressive on our motor vehicles and trailer, but one day they told me I would get a big premium increases because we didn't owe any money and only had one credit card. I told them we had two credit cards and excellent credit. They didn't care.

I suppose I could have contacted Flo or the talking box, but instead I contacted a Farmer's agent who had our homeowners' policy for the motor vehicles and Good Sam for the trailer. Both saved us money since Flo must get paid a lot.
That's interesting. Before we went with Progressive we had insured our trailer for several years with Farmers. Our premium had just about doubled since we signed up with them so I went looking for alternatives with FCIS. We got the Progressive policy with an Agreed Value half again the declared value on our Farmers policy for less money.

I concluded a long time ago the insurance industry was chaotic.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:05 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
A lot of bait and switch preying on those that pay the premium and never read the policy.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:09 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Warner Robins , Georgia
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1461708497.124326.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	261437
Saw this 2015 Flying Cloud at the rest stop on I-70 near Solomon, KS. Just came through the hail and rain and tornado warnings. Thankful that our car was unscathed 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
2009 F-150 "Big Red"
Caroyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #39
3 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
Warner Robins , Georgia
Oops, wrong thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
2009 F-150 "Big Red"
Caroyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:42 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Well - I got Something!

Blue Sky - Akron Ohio.

It's Actual Cash Value - and if I get it appraised it' can be converted to Agreed Value, but It has to be re-appraised every three years. God only knows what that will cost, and they'd "prefer" that I use someone in Indiana to do the appraisal.

They will also accept comparable sales - easy to find right?

So, everyone who knows of a nicely refurbed Avion 10 meter that sold, point me to the information, please. I suppose I could list it on Craigslist and get offers but that seems to be rather dishonest and a bit of a PITA.

I just placed a biggish order on Amazon for the essential supplies for this baby. Planning to pick it up Thursday. Now when is Falluminum scheduled?

Paula
Old 04-27-2016, 03:40 PM   #41
Tom T

Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Blue Sky - Akron Ohio.

It's Actual Cash Value - and if I get it appraised it' can be converted to Agreed Value, but It has to be re-appraised every three years. God only knows what that will cost, and they'd "prefer" that I use someone in Indiana to do the appraisal.

They will also accept comparable sales - easy to find right?

So, everyone who knows of a nicely refurbed Avion 10 meter that sold, point me to the information, please. I suppose I could list it on Craigslist and get offers but that seems to be rather dishonest and a bit of a PITA.

I just placed a biggish order on Amazon for the essential supplies for this baby. Planning to pick it up Thursday. Now when is Falluminum scheduled?

Paula
Hi Paula,

I don't know what year your Avion is, but if it's vintage <79 or so, then go to the Vintage Camper Trailer magazine & see if there are any appraisers advertising on there, or email the publisher to see if he knows. I have the recco of a guy in SoCal, but that's too far from you in VA.

With the way vintage trailering has caught on in the past few years, the values are actually going up - not down - on them, so an appraisal every 3-5 years protects you for actual replacement value anyway.

Others, please note that this is NOT the case for late model trailers (perhaps as late as the 1980's), because they will continue to depreciate annually from new for at least 20 years or more.

Also, as for your concerns over the AS only parks/etc. - just print out & stick an AIRSTREAM logo over the Avion ones & I doubt any of them will know the difference.

I mean really - REALLY - sometime these AS folks just get way too full of themselves!

Besides, everyone knows that Avions are "Better than an Airstream" - as Avion ads read back in the 60's!

Good Luck Paula!
Tom
///////
1960 Avion T20, #2 made, Hensley Cub, TV tbd- looking for 08-14 Cayenne S
1988 VW Vanagon Westfalia CamperGL (Orig Owner)
Tom_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:47 PM   #42
Tom T

Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootmom View Post
kaylorsan, we contacted Josh, and received a quote which states it's an Agreed Value. It seems very reasonable, and I'm remaining hopeful. I'm going to call and verify tomorrow. We currently have AAA, and the policy is now "whichever is lower." I went online to Good Sam Club and (supposedly) received and Agreed Value quote, but when they called me, they said it only applied to rigs five years old or newer. Due your due diligence, folks! I'm fretting, thinking if anything happens to our 98 Excella, our Airstreaming days are over.
You're being in Glendora/SoCal too & with ACSC/AAA .... now I'm worried about what our policy says when I get the renewal docs in a few weeks!

I'm hoping that ours being a 1960 vintage Avion, & based on the opinion of value by the PPI inspector when purchased in 2012, that they aren't playing the same game with us.

I'd been hoping that our CA Insurance Commissioner was preventing those sorts of games!

Good Luck with your 98 AS!
Tom
///////

1960 Avion T20, #2 made, Hensley Cub, TV tbd- looking for 08-14 Cayenne S
1988 VW Vanagon Westfalia CamperGL (Orig Owner)
Tom_T is offline   Reply With Quote